Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
W
My 2011 Tacoma was rear ended while legally parked by a drunken drug impaired 20 year old. Question is have any of you ever successfully filed a diminished value claim with the other drivers insurance company?

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I did and I felt it was worth it. You are required to pay the appraiser. I think it cost me something like $300, but it got me another $1,800 or so if I remember correctly. This was on a plain jane 2006 Toyota Camry that was blindsided by a girl that wasn't paying attention.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Hmm. Imagine that. "A girl that wasn't paying attention"...or maybe the dumb biotch was putting on makeup or texting. Same thing happened to my wife's 08 Rav4 just the other night. The biotch (the girl that ran into the back of my wife's parked car) that wasn't paying attention the other night totalled both of our cars. Our insurance company suggested we go after the other insurance company for "diminished value" (have to start a separate claim for that) and a per diem amount for the loss of use of our vehicle (added up to $20.00/day). The insurance adjuster didn't want to hear about "diminished value" and they had hoped they could get started in repair work which was approaching the $10,000.00 mark. The adjuster also told us we had to "prove" there would be "diminished value" after repairs were made. That's when I decided the [bleep] were going to eat those words!!! He realized he [bleep] up and called a day later and said the combined repair costs and "diminished value" claim would add up to more than the vehicle is worth so now we are on to the negotiating a "fair market value" end of it...I've been there and done this a few times and told them their first offer was way to low. Never accept the insurance companies first offer, they always have room to go up and they always start out low..Trust me on this!! If you are seriously considering a "diminished value" claim, I'd look these people up. It will cost you a little upfront, but you will get a nice return if your 2011 Taco isn't considered a total loss. Actually these guys offer a free "diminished value appraisal quote". :

http://www.autoloss.com/

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
W
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
W
Thanks for the link. I will look into it. I appreciate it.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Definitely some good info there!

and sorry about you boys having some moron 20 something tear up your cars...

that is why my 'ideal' vehicle is a 3/4 ton Dodge 4WD diesel, with the bumper off a Deuce and a half, both front and rear...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

700 members (007FJ, 160user, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 65 invisible), 3,104 guests, and 1,365 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,579
Posts18,454,063
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.