Hop To
C
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
C
Just received this in an email. For rost495, ChrisF, and a few others. laugh

Below are the new Rules instituted by the NRA effective January 20, 2013:

President Obama has recently appointed a Shooting Competitions Czar. Major rule changes in High Power, NRA Conventional Pistol, and Small-bore will become effective January 20, 2013.

This is only a preview as the complete rule book is being rewritten as we speak, expect 2,716 pages)

Here are a few of the changes: Shooters classified as

- High Masters and Masters will have their entry fees increased by 35%.

- Expert class shooters will see no increase in entry fees.

- Sharpshooters and Marksman will get a $20 check each time they register for a match.

The term "Challenge" will be changed to "entitlement" and will be used as follows additionally these entitlements are intended to bring about fairness and, most importantly, equality in scoring.

- High Masters and Masters, no entitlements.

- Expert and sharpshooters, entitlements for shots within one scoring ring of the 10 Ring.

- Marksman, if your shot is on the target, you are scored two points higher than the scoring ring your shot hits.

In addition, a Shooter will be limited to a maximum of one X per target.

Any excess Xs must be given to those fellow shooters who have not yet scored an X on their target.

Only after all shooters have received an X from the shooter actually making the X ring hit, can that player begin to count his X's again.

The current NRA system will be used for the above purposes, but the term "Total score" will be available only for scoring those shooters classifies as Marksman.

This is intended to "re-distribute" the success of winning by making sure that in all competitions every shooter will post only "net score" against every other player's "gross score".

These new Rules are intended to CHANGE High Power, NRA Conventional Pistol, and Small-bore Competition.

Shooting must be about fairness. It should have nothing to do with ability, hard work, practice, and responsibility.

This is the "Right thing to do."

So, please remember; if you shot a Master or High Master score, you didn't shoot it yourself. Someone else built that Range, and someone else cut the grass so that you could shoot on it. Someone else built the Targets and pits.

You need to share with everyone and anyone who made you a successful shooter.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Do you mind if I repost this on a few Facebook pages... grin

Now I've got to write that letter to the NRA and get my classification downgraded.

C
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Now I've got to write that letter to the NRA and get my classification downgraded.

Never been prouder to get and flaunt a "Marksman" card huh! laugh

"Give me my points dammit!" cool

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
We need a "Can't Hit the Broad Side of a Barn" classification...

Winner gets a Chevy Volt and a new cell phone of their choice. Lifetime free calling and data plan included.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
That's funny!

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That'd be pretty funny if it weren't so true a statement of where we're headed as a country.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
We need a "Can't Hit the Broad Side of a Barn" classification...

Winner gets a Chevy Volt and a new cell phone of their choice. Lifetime free calling and data plan included.

I would probably be the winner in that comp. but I think I would pass on the Volt

Last edited by funshooter; 02/11/13.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Didn't check this post till now.

This one might be the laugh of the week at this point. If it didn't echo the truth of the other situations so closely.

At least we get a laugh out of this one!

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,328 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,661
Posts18,455,712
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.