B
boatboy Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I bought a PSA 9MM AR That takes Glock Mags
Thought it would be fun and take younger shooters out and let them shoot an AR

I shot it once and the trigger was a Mil Spec heavy so I had a LaRue waitng new in package
Well it felt great till I went to shoot it

Here is the issue
The gun shoots and puts the next round in battery but the trigger doesnt reset (I have the only single shot AR) I did have a run of a couple and than I ran 4 but mostly shoot than pull the charging handle a round comes out and another one in and shoot

I am assuming this is because of the light recoil of the 9MM?
I did take the hammer out at the range and replace didnt know what I could have messed up, but if you can I will
No diffrence

I will call LaRue on Monday and I am sure they will help unless someone can lead me in a direction

There was no issues with the trigger that came with it with resetting

Thanks Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
ARIC

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I had the same issues with mine and sent it back to PSA. The fixed it and turned it around quickly and it runs great now.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
the more I read about PSA the less inclined I am to buy anything from them except ammunition. I had a Keltec that did the same thing as well as a Bersa 22. all gone now.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jimmyp
the more I read about PSA the less inclined I am to buy anything from them except ammunition. I had a Keltec that did the same thing as well as a Bersa 22. all gone now.

Yes if you are not going to be able or desire to tinker a bit with guns, then buying the cheapest you can find is not a smart way to operate.

Buying top name ready to run is the way to go.

Nothing wrong with either mindset.

I"ve had PSA, Bersa and Keltec. Bersa has been fine, PSA same, Keltec needed a few tweaks. Nothing big though.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FYI there are two types of AR9 bolts, ramped and non-ramped. Ramped allows use of a standard AR hammer, non ramped requires a 9mm hammer. I would check that out first and make sure you have the right parts. I think PSA uses hybrid stuff, whatever that means.

I built 8" pistol using NFA and spinta stuff for my wife, it's a really fun little gun. I call it the little ammo burner smile

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B2

B
boatboy Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
[quote=Stormin_Norman]FYI there are two types of AR9 bolts, ramped and non-ramped. Ramped allows use of a standard AR hammer, non ramped requires a 9mm hammer. I would check that out first and make sure you have the right parts. I think PSA uses hybrid stuff, whatever that means.

I built 8" pistol using NFA and spinta stuff for my wife, it's a really fun little gun. I call it the little ammo burner smile [/quodte]

Norman That made a lot of sense to me
they do use a hybrid bolt and I went and looked at the trigger group I took off and its the standard mil spec just like I took out of a Stag and any other stock (or most)
but the LaRue hammer is very unique and I bet there is the problem I was going to take a Rise out of another gun and put it in but I think I will wait till I talk to LaRue Monday before I do that

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I have the PSA AR-9 which uses Glock mags and the Sig MPX. The Sig MPX is definitely a quality gun but the PSA 9mm shoots great and I really like the idea of using pistol mags so, FWIW, I'm most likely going to sell the MPX and keep the PSA 9mm.....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
107 members (338reddog, 10gaugeman, 35, 32_20fan, 257robertsimp, 10 invisible), 1,414 guests, and 684 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,882
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.