Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
OP Offline
O
Hi All,

Looking for feedback (good or bad) on Spikes Tactical. Looking at buying one with quad rails I saw in my local fun shop (I believe the rails were Daniel Defense) and Samson pop up rear and front sight. Upper and Lower are Spikes.

It feels nice and light in my hands and looks like a good first AR to figure out what I like and what I don't like. It goes for just under 1k.

From what I gathered so far Spikes is a smaller company, but appears to be well regarded.

Appreciate your thoughts and comments.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ocmagnum,I am assuming this is a used gun. Spikes puts out a ery good product. I have had one complete gun and bought a few lowers from them.No complaints with anything I got from them other than a long azz wait grin
If it were me and I was going to spend a grand, I would build what I wanted with top shelf parts and then I would know what I had.

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

O
OP Offline
O
Hi Jimmyd223

This is actually a new gun at my local gun store and it looks and feel pretty schweet....

Thanks for the positive feedback on Spikes!

I was thinking about building on myself, my only issue since this will be my first AR, I don't know what I want/like, what works well for my purposes etc. I figured if I buy one of the rack, I can experiment at a slower pace and really find out what I like. That ability to change the gun around as I see fit is what is drawing me away from the gun I thought I was going to buy, the Sig 556.

Thanks again for any and all feedback!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
ocmagnum, I have purchased uppers, lowers, and one complete AR from Spikes. They are not that far from me, down in Apopka.
I call to make sure they are there, and then drive down.

I have found the crew to be a great bunch of guys and gals. They always take time to show you around, shoot the bull, and swap lies.

Their product is as good as they come.

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If new that seems to be a fair price. It will then give you a chance to add to it as you choose or hust build a new complete upper for another type shooting/hunting. Good luck and get some pictures up when ya get her home.

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

IC B2

O
OP Offline
O
Thanks again guys; very much appreciate the feedback!

And I certainly will post pics, but me being in California, this will not be happening for at least another 10 days......

O
OP Offline
O
Now ain't that a bugger.....gun sold 30 minutes before I made it to the store last night.... oh well, there will be others..

M
M
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've had very good luck with Spikes rifles and as a company. I have two .22lr's from them and they have been great. I don't have a 5.56 gun from them yet, but I wouldn't hesitate getting one in the future.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by ocmagnum
Now ain't that a bugger.....gun sold 30 minutes before I made it to the store last night.... oh well, there will be others..

If you live in Kalifornia, maybe not grin Strike while the iron is hot, especially in places where .gov changes the rules on a dime.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
IC B3

O
OP Offline
O
Funny you say that.....I used that as an excuse to myself to spend an extra $200 and get a shiny new Daniel Defense M4v2 carbine over the weekend. Of course it is now in CA 10 day prison, so no detailed first impression yet, but felt wonderful in my hands playing around with it in the store.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

688 members (12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 160user, 73 invisible), 3,041 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,267
Posts18,467,242
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.