Print Thread
Hop To
T
tmitch Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Do any of you guys have or use Knight KP1s? I acquired a stainless 50 cal muzzleloader at a good price and since have added .223 and .30-06 barrels. Seems to be put together quite well with some well thought out features (and one stupid safety feature). What's been your experiences?

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

BP-B2

T
tmitch Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Guess not

Charter Member

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got a 50 cal muzzle loader, and a 204 Ruger. Love it.
[Linked Image]

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
T
tmitch Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Nice. Wish mine had the lam stock but I missed the boat when they closed them out. Do you have the original trigger/hammer system with the safety lever or did you get it updated?

Charter Member

szihn

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess I have the original. What were the updates?

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B2

T
tmitch Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm not sure of the internal changes but the safety lever on the side of the hammer was eliminated and the trigger itself is straight instead of curved. From what I've read some people experienced cronic misfires and Knight would replace the trigger/hammer assembly with an updated version.

Charter Member

szihn

rvp Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I own 2 in blue with black stocks + 11 barrels in different calibers. I bought extra hinge pins,forearms,and extractors. Van's sporting goods in Jackson Ms. had 3 or 4 in stock that have not sold. I'm thinking of making him an offer for them. They are fine rifles and the Green mountain barrels a very accurate. Some day they will be a collecter rifle since they will never be produced again.

SHOOT STRAIGHT AND OFTEN. Hunt with your kids. Teach them not to shoot anything that they are not going to eat. Have respect for all ANIMALS.
T
tmitch Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm kicking myself for passing on a couple .17 HMR KP1 barrels for less than a $100. I already have a Ruger 77/17 and didn't think I need another HMR. Now with the introduction of the new .17 Win Super Mag rimfire, it would be a fairly inexpensive conversion to rechamber a 17 HMR KP1 barrel for it. I still want to get a .45-70 barrel for my set. Knight still had them in stock last time I checked, but I'm cheap and looking for a "bargin"

Charter Member

szihn

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by rvp
I own 2 in blue with black stocks + 11 barrels in different calibers. I bought extra hinge pins,forearms,and extractors. Van's sporting goods in Jackson Ms. had 3 or 4 in stock that have not sold. I'm thinking of making him an offer for them. They are fine rifles and the Green mountain barrels a very accurate. Some day they will be a collecter rifle since they will never be produced again.

Van also has (or had, last time I was back there) a shelf or two full of NIB Knight ML's in the back that never sold. I doubt that the KP1 will ever be a collector's item, but I've always thought that Knights were well-constructed guns, even in the later years. It's worth a shot to see if he'd take an offer on them, although I haven't seen anyone really be successful with horse trading up there. He's got one rifle in particular that I've been eyeballing for at least 3 yrs, and it's still there. Every time I ask to see it, he has raised the price a little bit ...

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
T
tmitch Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
It's a shame, I think Knight finaly got it right with the KP1 but the drag of poorly designed previous models like the Revolution, Vision and Rolling Block, had already sealed their fate. It's too bad the "new" Knight didn't continue with it.

Charter Member

szihn

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have 1 with 3 barrels, (223,270,300WM). They are all minute of pie plate shooters. I tried a few thing to get them to shoot, even recrowned one of them. Did Green Mountain make their centerfire barrels?

Last edited by richj; 05/24/13.
rvp Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
All my barrels shoot minute of angle or better at 300 yards. At 100 yards they do better than MOA. Green Mountain made the barrels. I love the quality and performance I am getting. I shoot reloads and factory loads. You could have a bad hinge pin or forearm making to much contact with the barrel. I shoot off a Sinclair rest and do not touch the gun except for the trigger an a light cheek contact. Again mine have the PLASTIC STOCKS. I hope you find your problem.

SHOOT STRAIGHT AND OFTEN. Hunt with your kids. Teach them not to shoot anything that they are not going to eat. Have respect for all ANIMALS.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Mine is plastic too. I may shoot it with no forearm.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
665 members (12308300, 16Racing, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 79 invisible), 2,682 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,614
Posts18,398,421
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.