Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#7529369 03/09/13
rogn Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Was drooling thru Midways menus one day and found a "clearance" RWS 350P in 0.177 w/ Rubbermaid stock for about 250$. Sold some blood and my spare tire and ordered it. It is quite a chunk, both long and heavy. Ive been spending the last couple of years dealing with some health issues so the 45# cocking effort was a real surprise. After jumping up and down on the barrel, I got it cocked and started shooting it. Creaky and twangy, and stiff(Im a good match). The issue sights are fibre optic , notch and bead. Accuracy was not bad with this set up. I did recall an oldBeeman Williams FP aperture sight sitting in the airgun cabinet, so I put it on the rifle. I didnt have a scope to use on it at the moment. Well, weve probably fired it about a 100 times, the aperture sight is still on it, the creaks and twangs are about gone, and it is a shooter. Ie been using the Crossman Mag Heavy in the tin 10.5 gr. Without further refinements, it seems to be able to stay on coke can bottoms at 60 yds 80% of the time. This accomplished with little time lag between trigger break and impact on target. Lighter pellets have a very irritating sonic crack, of which I see no benefit. Besides when the little 10.5 gr transects a squirrels head, they still dont time to react. All in all Ive been pleased with this rifle and the price. Its proven accurate , very powerful, and as smooth as a magnum type spring gun can be. It aint really pretty but it performs in a handsome manner. One of the things I don't know about is RWS's current warrantee policies. At one time they covered any and all problems, from age, wear to stupidity at no charge. This I know from experience. The disclaimer now says "limited warrantee". Any information on that change or update?
If anyone asked me , Id not be a fraid to recommend one. BUT be ready to sweat cocking it.

precision is group shooting, accuracy is hitting your intended target.
GB1

X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
Congratulations on the score, that's a good price for a 350P.

As far as the warranty goes, you would have to send it to Umarex. And from what I've read on another forum, Umarex is not that great for warranty work. I read a post where a guy sent his gun in for warranty work for a broken spring. It took over 3 months before they even opened up the gun. And they didn't even start until the guy called asking about his gun. If you should need to get the gun worked on, I would suggest sending it to a pro tuner. Much better work, the gun will come back cocking and shooting much smoother, and everything will be polished and honed. Now you have a couple of options on what kind of parts you want in the gun. Vortex, or Maccari. Either way it's way better than stock internals. And with the Vortex parts, you'll gain quite a few fps too.

S.W.A.G. it
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Peraonlly, I wouldn't worry about any changes trying to increase velocity. The 350 is my opinion a little too fast or the 177 anyway. You'll most likely find better accuracy with the heavier pellets. Where the 350 really shines in 22. Even then it's a hold touch beast, but it's a heck of a hunting springer.

If you decide to scope it, I'd avoid regular scopes or even the budget Chinese "airgun" scopes. My 177 350 killed two Burris scopes after Burris assured me they were rated for springers. I ended up with a Bushnell Elite on the 177 and a Leupold on the 22. Both of those held up fine.

Last edited by Timbo; 03/10/13.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 21 invisible), 1,791 guests, and 964 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,506
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.