Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
What are the laws concerning marijauna use and possesion in Canada?

GB1

Rog Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It's illegal,you can be charged with possesion of a controled substance up to a certain amount( a couple grams) beyond that amount you will be charged with possesion with intent to traffic a more serious offence.But I don't think the penalties are stiff enough!!!

"You gotta accomplish something every day. When you go to bed at night ask yourself what you did today, there better be something on the list" Robin Carlson
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I just remember hearing about a big push to legalize it up there a few years ago.

Rog Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Oh ya the cronic users and abusers are always trying to get it de-criminalized, the scumbags who proffit from the drug trade don't want it legalized they would loose to much money so they push for de-criminalization.

"You gotta accomplish something every day. When you go to bed at night ask yourself what you did today, there better be something on the list" Robin Carlson
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Mr. Rog;
Welcome to the Campfire from the Okanagan.

Thanks for answering the question, as I had no clue really about pot except that it is a real problem in these parts. All drugs are of course a concern, but the culture of trafficking and all the side effects is not positive to any community.

I don�t really know what the answer is, but I do know this isn�t working real well. frown

Anyway again, welcome from south central BC.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's legal to have up to a certain amount (I think 2 oz, but I may be off) here in Alberta. This law was put into place around 6 years ago IIRC.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
All cannabis is illegal in Canada. Possession of less than 30 grams (1 ounce) is a summary conviction offence, and as such fingerprints are not taken. Over 30 grams, fingerprints can be taken. Possession for the purposes of trafficking requires more evidence than just amount unless the amount is so big it couldn't be personal use.

I did a fair amount of drug enforcement during my 30 year career.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
It's techically illegal to posess it. Just like it's technically illegal to spit on most streets.

The cops have realized wasting time busting people for posession is a waste of time and effort. Judges have realized that the harm done by the substance is much smaller than the harm done by a sentence.

Prohibition has never worked - any time - any place - for anyone - for any substance.

It's time to end the farce.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Criminalizing marijuana just makes it profitable for criminals to become involved in the trade. Individuals growing a small amount should be legal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You BC boys are really pushing for legalization, eh? Anything to do with being from a "green" province? grin

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Pick the 'shrooms instead. As long as you don't sell them, they're legal.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Pick the 'shrooms instead. As long as you don't sell them, they're legal.

That's funny.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
You BC boys are really pushing for legalization, eh? Anything to do with being from a "green" province? grin

Jordan;
Hello there, I hope this finds you and yours well on this hot long weekend.

I'm not sure what the answer is Jordan, but as I said in my previous post, the side effects of having an illegal black market activity thriving in some of our communities likely brings the issue much closer to home for us in BC.

I could fill volumes with my own grow op stories Jordan and in the main they are tales of woe.

Its a real pain hunting or chasing cows in the hills and bumping into the mess they leave behind. Of course they don't close gates or give a rotund rodent's rectum what kind of snares they leave for the livestock - horses or cattle, either. mad

Some days it seems to me the only thing we're accomplishing with the current legislation is making a super rich class of criminals, you know?

Anyway, I believe its just because we BC folk bump into it all too frequently Jordan, not the burning desire to legally fire up a rocket on the way to work! shocked

Have a good long weekend.
Dwayne

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hi Dwayne,
I was just yanking yer guys' chain since the two posters before me advocated legalization and happened to both be from BC! smile

You're not going to stop these guys from doing pot, why not legalize it and bring the market value down 1000% wink

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Jordan;
I did take your response that way, but sometimes I answer in �long hand� anyway. Sorry about that, eh?

I am getting closer all the time to thinking that legalization is a viable option and I�ll tell you honestly that 10 years ago I wouldn�t have envisioned even considering it. Some of my LEO friends privately agree as well.

Are you folks hot there too? We hit 38 or 39 yesterday in the shade when I got back from work at 4:00pm. We�re at 35 already today � no flaming hot icon! frown

Well again I hope you and yours have a good long weekend.

Say, you must feel deserted there across the hill, no? Most of Alberta appears to be here in Vernon, Kelowna or Penticton � and we�re darn happy to have them finally arrive!

Have a good one,
Dwayne

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dwayne,
Yeah it's hot here, but not nearly as hot as it is there! I think it's been about 29-30 here the last few days, and today it's supposed to get up to a high of 32 degrees. You guys must be dying out there!

Pretty much the entire city of Calgary is gone to BC for the weekend, which means less traffic and more reloading components available in the stores for me smile

I hope you enjoy your long-weekend as well.

Take care,
Jordan

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The amounts of money that the drug trade generates is a problem.From the payoffs to the reluctance to clamp down hard.Whole area economies would go down.I know of one interior town with a small sawmill and lots of new pickups.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm not a pot smoker, can't stand the stuff, but it's really not the evil stuff that ruins lives that we are led to believe by some people.

I think it should be legalized and regulated like alcohol and tobacco. It's really not any more "dangerous" than beer or whiskey.

Get the criminal element out of it, grow it and sell it to authorized distributors, etc.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
I know of one interior town with a small sawmill and lots of new pickups.

Edgewood...........???

Actually seen an older style station wagon with Alberta plates and full of hippy looking dudes last week-end. Written in the dirt on the back window was, "Edgewood or Bust".

Pretty sure they weren't in town for the sites......... grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I could care less about the pot and the smokers.It's these meth house's that scare me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (12344mag, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 257 mag, 2003and2013, 66 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,200
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.