These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
blush Really? grin

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Like a big brother. Family, but don't always agree on everything.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Our military is good but not real large -- kinda like our population, so castandblast is right about the big brother -- one with lots of guns and planes and ships, and usually not shy about pullin' the trigger.

A smarter fella than me once coined this phrase:

"Canadians may not know who they are, but they sure know who they are NOT. They are not Americans." grin grin

Our government is different. Our beginnings were different. Our rules are a little different, bust mostly not. Our people mostly came from the same countries.

But y'all got baseball and basketball, and we got hockey and lacrosse. laugh

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I've always said how much I love our northern neighbors. It's been my experience (living 50 miles from the border) that a kinder or more polite bunch would be impossible to find.

Just don't get in their way when they are headed south to the outlet mall for a shopping spree. They'll run your as s over...

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by the_shootist

A smarter fella than me once coined this phrase:

"Canadians may not know who they are, but they sure know who they are NOT. They are not Americans." grin grin

Our government is different. Our beginnings were different. Our rules are a little different, bust mostly not. Our people mostly came from the same countries.

Very true and by the design of the Brits, who didn't want Canada and the US forming a North American super power.

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I spent a lot of time in the USA trucking when I was in my early 20's and can honestly say that all the people I came into contact with were very very nice and I didn't at all feel like a foreigner other than the accents. All of the American folks who I have dealt with in the classifieds have also been extremely decent people and I am happy to have had the honour of dealing with such pleasant people.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
My wife's side of the family are all Mare Cans. They're good folks -- for southerners -- South of us, anyway. laugh I love 'em, but some of 'em are a little weird . . . . . . . . . . and I am not. grin

BTW, my wife who can prove that she was born in the CONUS (unlike some politicians wink ) said that when I die, she will stay in Canada . . . . she became a Canadian citizen back a bunch of years.

We are blessed to have her. Her Mom is 93.5 years old . . . and when my birth mother died in 1998, I asked her if I could adpot her as my mother. Poor woman said yes.

Brother Keith

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
So, if I read this correctly, you are now technically married to your sister? laugh

Because through judicious handloading and a bold sense of optimism, you can make anything into an .88 Magnum - once! 😁 - chesterpulley
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Well, since we are both born again Christians, she IS my sister. (in the Lord)

Brother Keith

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Reading Seafire's post on how Americans view Canada reminds me of an adventure I had down in Seattle thirty some years.

I was down for a Seahawks game and to socialize with the fairer sex if possible. First time in Seattle. Anyway my friend and I met some girls and we were following them to a nightclub. As we approached a stale green, the gals went through, it turned yellow as I entered the intersection, so I goosed the ole Firebird and got through the intersection before it turned red.

As I pass the opposing corner I notice a police car at the curb with the officers looking at me. They pull me over and the gals keep on going - crap - now I'm going to get a ticket and I've lost the girls.

As always, I always get out to talk with the police - this was the normal thing to do, in my experience, in small town BC; you know, friendly. I should mention though that I am a large, powerful man and at that time a very fit one. Anyway I start ambling toward the police as they get out of their car to say hi.

The police dive behind the doors of their car. One pulls his handgun and aims it at me. The other one grabs a pump action shotgun that was in the middle of the front seat of the police car, jacks a shell in it and aims it at me. I freeze, somewhat shocked, and somewhat afraid. Up to that point I had never looked down the barrel of a loaded firearm.

They tell me to raise my hands, walk back to the car, and lean over the roof and put my hands on the roof. Moving slowly I do so. They frisk me, check my ID, and then ask me why I got out of the car.

I told them that in my little town in BC we all knew each other and it was considered polite to get out and talk to the officer. I told them about following the girls and that being my first time in Seattle I didn't want to lose them as I did not know where I currently was.

At this point they put the guns away and tell me that I should never get out of a car to talk to police - ever. And that I should keep my hands on the steering wheel where they can see them until they get up to the car. Then they start giving me heck about running a late light. I'm not sure they believed when I told them about the girls.

Just then the girls pulled up, double parked in the middle of the street and jumped out to plead our case with the police. At this point the first police officer gives me a look as if to say, "This is your lucky day." and lets me off with a warning.

To this day I don't move if I am pulled over by the police for any reason until they instruct me to.

My reflections on the incident... I thought those officers were pretty decent about everything, probably helped that I was polite and respectful, and probably helped that the girls circled back. And it cemented in my mind that most of our southern cousins are pretty decent folks.

Fast forward thirty some years, I have now travelled extensively on business across the states and I still have that view that Americans are good folks.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
How does Canada see the US?

Never heard of it, what's it near?

Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "Over 40" Coincidence? I don't think so.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I see it everyday across the Juan De Fuca Strait, usually by peering through the fog.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Model70Guy
How does Canada see the US?

Never heard of it, what's it near?

It's near Messy-co, and they are gaining ground every day -- the Messy-cans are. wink

Brother Keith

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Ah, so one of those banana farms then? Gotcha.

Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "Over 40" Coincidence? I don't think so.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
It is difficult, in some ways, to look at Americans and the United States in a good way. After all, they continue to blame Canada for the terrorists responsible for the 9/11 attacks. Politicians who should know better still spout this drivel. They passed and enforce laws which restrict trade with Canada yet are offended if anyone should suggest any restrictions going the other way. Americans are regarded as being ignorant about Canada but in truth, Canadians are just as ignorant about the U.S.
I am saddened by the demise of the world's longest undefended border and I can't see how anyone but the US is to blame for this. GD

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
So, it's the states politics you don't like cause they are 2 faced aholes?? No different than what most of us in the states see them. We are no different than you. Our government sucks and getting worse. Canadas government is getting better,,, I think.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
By looking South.

Seriously, Canadians hate us! They must, they sent us Justin Bieber didn't they.

Last edited by cooper57m; 02/17/14.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Canadian entertainers have followed the money for years.

I joke about Anne Murray in Florida on a regular basis.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Working in Canada, I had the rare opportunity to watch Canucks and listen to what they think about the USA....

One gal I worked with ( who was a real liberal ) up in Canada had issues with me simple because she quickly recognized I was a "Republican"... which she equated to all being "RACISTS"...

We were talking about the movie " The Green Mile" when a batch of us went out to lunch together while at the home office for a week of marketing meetings... one of the Canucks asked "who was that real big tall guy in the movie?" I responded was she talking about the white one or the colored one...

This liberal chick immediately tore into me... "what a racist comment!!! Look at my skin color... its a color.. its white.... calling some one who is black, "colored" is just plain racist!"

This immediate made she and I the center of attention by the other dozen plus people around us... I told her it was not racist, that black people called themselves "Colored" all the time....Her response was "that's BS!" and she went on and on....

I just stood back and let her ventilate.. when she ran out of steam, I asked her "What does the NAABP stand for?"

" I don't know, I've never heard of it...what the hell has that got to do with anything???"

"Well I have never heard of it either.......but now what does the NAACP stand for?"

"Everyone knows that! National Association for the Advancement of Colored......." suddenly it dawned on her, that I had sucked her right in...

Everyone started laughing hysterically.....

I recommended she contact Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton and let them know that they should change the Name of the NAACP, because she thought it was racist....

Everyone laughed as they walked off with me.. as she just stood there red in the face.... funny thing was... she was our boss...

She called me into her office later in the afternoon and apologized....even tho she crossed the border fairly often, she admitted I was blowing apart her stereotype image of Conservative Americans...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 54 invisible), 2,557 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,953
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.