Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
3 walleyes in one outing is this years total

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Haven't been out myself but friends say that the fishing was spotty for the first weekend.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
I have heard of what you call spotty fishing as well. I also have heard of good fishing at Lac Seul.Any ideas as to why?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lac Seul is a reservoir. Lake levels are maintained closely so it fishes well any time of the year.

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Randy, off to the topic of water level,did you get some of the big rains lately?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes

Roads washed out all around us. It took 75 minutes to get to the city yesterday, normally 35 minutes. There is much confusion with dispatch. My wife was sent on a call last night where she was sent on a road we knew was closed. She told them alternate route but supervisory staff told her to follow dispatch direction. Shw got to the wash out turned around and proceded on the route she had proposed initially to the response. There is a need for better communication between municipalities and emergency services. A state of emegency was declared so Emergency Measures centres should have been operational.

Last edited by medicman; 05/29/12.

Lester Roloff
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
It seems there is allways room for improvement. One of the stories after the 9-11 in New York was the police, and fire fighters could not talk with each other on the radios. When they first put in the 911 in our area we were in the com center, and the man running it asked for our 911 address to check it. That was a good thing, as the center had us three miles away in town. Bugs in the system.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't know where the problem lies here as EMS is kept separate from police and fire. In the past a local rep from the three sister organizations sat on EMO committees and when disaster hit information was shared with all parties concerned. I contacted the local EMO and volunteered when I first moved here but within a year I was removed by my administration because I was an hourly employee. I had 25 years and advanced training with emergency measures but was deamed an inappropriate representative of the service. Forward thinking administration.

It is after 9-11 that major overhaul of EMO occurred in Canada. In a humorus bent, the rural systems had redundancy built in so that most "what if" situations were able to be covered. Point in fact was that our organization had a contingency of 25 medics with equipment ready to respond within two hours. It was offerred but rejected by Canadian officials because they were not prepared to respond in that manner.

Bigger is not necessarily better.

Last edited by medicman; 05/29/12.

Lester Roloff
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Problems a plenty, all over. The local fire department here turned down a free Jaws of Life, no one wanted to take the hours to train for it. I can't blame them, a lot of hours are sacrificed by busy people just to help others.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I recently turned down IV therapy training as our protocols now preclude most IV drug therapy in favour of direct injection. Aggresive IV fluid replacement therapy with extended transport times can cause clot displacement and actually worsen pt condition.

Taking a time delay at scene to establish an unused IV access seems counter productive when reduced transport time to ER surgury is very positive outcome. There is also a hugely increased likelyhood of malpractice incurred.

It is probably similar for your EMT/first responder with jaws if not used frequently. Lay people do not understand the potential impact every patient access can have. I understand their reticence in training with the jaws.

By the way as you know I am not a rookie having close to 35 years in prehospital medical response.

Randy

Lester Roloff

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

288 members (348srfun, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 33 invisible), 2,348 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,463
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.