Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
My wife and I met with Richard and Judy this morning for breakfast - a wonderful meal of corned beef hash, eggs and toast with coffee, and it was delicious. For dessert we regaled each other with tall tales and short wit. It was fun. The ladies were much more refined, I fear.

What we discovered is that both his wife and mine are much easier on the eyes than either one of us are -- take that to the bank! laugh

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thank you for the kindesss Brother Keith. You had the chance to expose me for all the world to see, and did not.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Often, in exposing another, we expose ourselves more. I call it self-preservasion. grin

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Was the meeting in BC, Ontario or some place in between?

Jerry

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Jerry,at our place in Wabigoon, Ontario. Brother Keith,I was sorta hoping these good folks think I must be like Jimmy Stewart,or that other Iowa boy from Winterset, Marion Morrison. Brother kept my secret that I look more like Gabby Hayes, or Pa Kettle with less hair.Brother Keith however, looks a composit of Cary Grant,Gerogry Peck, and Bert Lancaster, with a hair line I'd swap my Ontario Outdoors Card for for. We did learn that we are both allergic to Kryponite.All kidding aside,We enjoyed the company! It would be great to meet more from the "fire". Richard.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow Wabigoon, up til now I thought you were a straight talker. Cary Grant? I better spend more time with my brother. He does have a good head of hair though and it has kept his brain safe and active to say the least. I am sorry I missed the breakfast and confab.
Randy

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Randy, "They say flattery will get you anything". I'm hoping Brother will guide me on a moose hunt. I'll take the rack, steaks,and the best roasts. Brother can have the meat from the leg joints down, and the hide. Yes, we need to meet up as well. How do you stand up with kryponite around? Richard.

T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Cary Grant, Gregory Peck and Burt Lancaster are either 90 years old or dead, so that is not much of a compliment, and proves that your eyesight is worse than your hairline, Richard. I only faked the allergic reaction to kryptonite to fool you into thinking I was a mortal . . . . . most Canadians, (including the inventor of Superman) are imune to it. It's in the water up here, and it is what turns the fish green.

Red kryptonite is the stuff you gotta be careful of. Exposure to that stuff turns you into a liberal or a democrat. laugh

Randy,

See! It's easy to fool Iowans into thinking you're special. He thinks you have to hunt for moose! Hahahahahaha! With your ability at spinning yarn, you could have some real fun with him. I get the impression though, that Judy is much less gullible. wink

Last edited by the_shootist; 06/30/12.

Brother Keith

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Randy, I'm starting to understand what you put up with, growing up. I would offer sympthy, but pain pills might be more in order. I can see where the moose may be trapped rather than hunted. "You try to do something nice, and". Richard.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got to thinking that I could best
be described as looking like Buddy Hacket, with a beard and without the sense of humour. Perhaps like Buddy Ebson without the talent and having eaten way too many helpings of 'possum.

I quit trying to be nice many years ago with Keith. He keeps implying that I spin yarn and I don't even own a sheep.

There are many pockets of red kryptonite in the south eastern part of Canada as is evidenced by the political bent of the area. I suspect the northeastern US has the same geology for the same reason. There is none in either
Saskatchewan or Alberta with the only examples there being imported by immigrants from the afformentioned areas.

I have never trapped a moose, but I have enticed them in with offers of sexual favour. So far I have not been required to fulfill the offers.

Have a great weekend

Randy
Alberta

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
He keeps implying that I spin yarn and I don't even own a sheep.

Ya see, that is the thing -- a real yarn spinner knows very little about sheep, has never owned one, and yet he can spin with the best of them. Well, he can certainly convince some poor Iowan that he can spin, anyway. laugh

Brother Keith

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Randy, Why do I have a feeling that I am going to have a rare opportunity to buy the Noden Causeway? " Brother Keith's Real Estate Limited". The price, whatever I can dig up.It is a nice bridge however, and it would be fun to own it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

484 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 56 invisible), 2,908 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,549
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.