Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
DLFant Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
So I took the Family to Yellowstone last week. Saw lots of wildlife and beautiful scenery. If you have not been there I would recommend it. On the second day we saw a grey Wolf he was alone in the middle of a big high mountain meadow about 10 in the morn. Then the thought occurred to me I should have brought my FOX PRO and we could probably see a lot more stuff then we are seeing. Don�t know if it would be against the law or not but it was a good thought. The last day we were staying in Jackson hole. My wife and daughter wanted to go to the rubber hatchet stores and buy souvenirs. So I let them out and thought I will find a gun or sporting goods store. I am thinking I bet up here they probably got hunting stuff we haven�t herd of back home. If you haven�t been there it is a pretty small town and pretty touristy. Apparently more so than I realized. I got directions to one of the main sporting good stores and went in and was looking around. So in a while I ask the somewhat effeminate looking manager in the hunting �Does anyone ever call in Yellowstone just to see what might come? He got that deer in the Headlight look and said. � Huh� I said you know varmint call? Same look. I said Predator call? He honestly said I don�t I have never heard of anything like that, Do people do that? I left there thinking He needs to be reassigned to women�s cosmetics. Should�nt there be some criteria to working in a hunting store? LOL

When a man's word is no good he usually isn't eiher!
GB2

DLFant Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I went in thinking: Let's see up here in this area they can hunt Moose, Elk, Buffalo, Mule Deer, Big Horne sheep, White tail, Grizzley, Black Bear, Wolves, cougar, Lynx , Coyore, Badger Wolverine,Fox. Martin, Otter, Most water fowl and upland birds and on and on. When I said in the post they must have stuff we never herd of back home I was thinking this should be good. Ha Ha

When a man's word is no good he usually isn't eiher!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
It's illegal to use animal calls in YNP, I believe. Know for sure the rangers will shut you down for bugling at elk

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Royce
It's illegal to use animal calls in YNP, I believe. Know for sure the rangers will shut you down for bugling at elk

Spot on.... When I worked there in the mid 90s, I thought it would be fun to try to bugle at some bulls after fishing the Madison. Found out later from some Rangers that it was a big no no.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
703 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 74 invisible), 2,703 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,775
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.