-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Ken and Margie Oehler stopped here for a few fast hours yesterday on their way to Vegas for this year's SHOT Show next week. KenO installed the current version of Rich Larson's superb Ballistic Explorer (6.4.6) on my computer, so I'm warm and comfortable once more with my two all-time favorite ballistics programs � my friend Rich's Ballistic Explorer for exterior ballistics, and my friend Hartmut Br�mel's QuickLOAD for interior ballistics.

Hartmut will no doubt have a new version of QuickLOAD at the SHOT Show. You can get Ballistic Explorer on-line direct from Rich (www.dexadine.com) or through Oehler (www.oehler.research.com). The latest QuickLOAD is or will soon be available from www.neconos.com. Tell 'em that you're friends of mine, and they won't charge you more than double! laugh

After more than thirty years of playing around with well over a dozen free and for-just-a-few-dollars ballistics programs, I find myself ready to forget all about all the others. These two suit me just fine!

If you have any interest in interior ballistics and don't use QuickLOAD, you're cheating yourself. Likewise if you have any interest in exterior ballistics and don't use Ballistic Explorer � irrespective of the many other excellent ballistics programs that you might be using. These two are incomparable experiences, not just quickie calculators � much more than a casual user ever knows about. They're the deepest and widest computer-ballistics pools that I've swum in, and they're by far the most user-friendly. Dive as deep as you like, and if you ever touch bottom, you'll notice that it's 'way down below any other such program. (I guess � I haven't touched bottom with either program yet.)

Come on in! The water's fine! No chlorine! (BYOB � bring your own babe!)

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Ken and Margie Oehler stopped here for a few fast hours yesterday on their way to Vegas for this year's SHOT Show next week. KenO installed the current version of Rich Larson's superb Ballistic Explorer (6.4.6) on my computer, so I'm warm and comfortable once more with my two all-time favorite ballistics programs � my friend Rich's Ballistic Explorer for exterior ballistics, and my friend Hartmut Br�mel's QuickLOAD for interior ballistics.

Hartmut will no doubt have a new version of QuickLOAD at the SHOT Show. You can get Ballistic Explorer on-line direct from Rich (www.dexadine.com) or through Oehler (www.oehler.research.com). The latest QuickLOAD is or will soon be available from www.neconos.com. Tell 'em that you're friends of mine, and they won't charge you more than double! laugh

After more than thirty years of playing around with well over a dozen free and for-just-a-few-dollars ballistics programs, I find myself ready to forget all about all the others. These two suit me just fine!

If you have any interest in interior ballistics and don't use QuickLOAD, you're cheating yourself. Likewise if you have any interest in exterior ballistics and don't use Ballistic Explorer � irrespective of the many other excellent ballistics programs that you might be using. These two are incomparable experiences, not just quickie calculators � much more than a casual user ever knows about. They're the deepest and widest computer-ballistics pools that I've swum in, and they're by far the most user-friendly. Dive as deep as you like, and if you ever touch bottom, you'll notice that it's 'way down below any other such program. (I guess � I haven't touched bottom with either program yet.)

Come on in! The water's fine! No chlorine! (BYOB � bring your own babe!)

Completely agree on the QuickLOAD and I'll trust your judgement on Ballistic Explorer.
I need to look into getting a copy.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I see you mentioned Rich Larson. On another thread Ken Oehler set me straight when I gave him credit for one of my favorite things in Ballistic Explorer, the slider controls. Nice to see a boss giving credit to workers, but also Ballistic Explorer being a decade's long endeavor shows when you get into the deep end of the pool.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

288 members (10gaugemag, 280shooter, 204guy, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 264mag, 43 invisible), 2,091 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,151
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.