Print Thread
Hop To
R
romad97 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
I kno that there is probably not a single source but hat manual and or softare has the most rounded information available? I am looking for reloading data for several different bullets, most specifically the barnes ttsx. I have no problem purchasing the barnes manual if it is actually orth it. I already have the info on their ebsite but, it seems that this is a very short list. If I am rong I ill buy it but if the manual is really as vague as the info they have on their ebsite I ould rather purchase a different manual.

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
There is no best and many worthwhile.

In my experience Barnes puts a limited selection of loads on line at no extra charge and a much larger selection of loads in their books at extra cost. IMHO the extra cost buy the book loads are always a broader selection often but not always a better selection often with newer powders. In other words for a better selection of Barnes loads the book is a necessity. Barnes has also promised new specialty books that never arrived from time to time - presumably superseded or subsumed into more general data manuals. In my experience Barnes has been responsive to emailed questions but often to say they have nothing to add to published data and have not tested a given cartridge or load combination.

Beyond that for the broadest selection of date Load Data from Wolfe has a lot of information but currently mostly lags the market by filling the pages with mostly older data (time was Load Data had deals so as to include more current book data from component makers newer books; that's gone now) - and once again the better source is the current book from the given bullet maker. I mostly concur with the idea of choose your bullet then start with the bullet makers data and cross check with the powder makers data.

For folks who want only one book and then no extra charge on line internet data the Lyman books are much more general than any of the specialized data books.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1minute, 1moredeer, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 10ring1, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,143 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,103
Posts18,464,194
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.