Campfire Greenhorn
M
I'm leaning heat on this...

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by maxtrack1
I'm leaning heat on this...

Maybe not. In their series against the Pacers, they barely won Game 1, and the Pacers took them to 7 games. So, as a team the Heat isn't invincible.

Now, the Spurs have won Game 1 in Miami, a good first step. In fact, I think it's a necessary first step. You don't want to spot the Heat the first game.

The problem the Spurs have is that 2-3-2 format -- especially that 3-game series in the middle. It's almost impossible to win 3 in a row against a good team, and Miami is a very good team. So, the Spurs winning Game 1 doesn't really give them home court advantage if you assume they won't win 3 straight in SA. Assuming that, the Spurs will need to win another game in Miami.

The best path to a San Antonio title, assuming the Heat wins Game 2, is to let that game give the Heat a little more confidence than they should have and ease off a little, and then the Spurs do take 3 in a row in San Antonio, or go 2-1 and win game 6 in Miami. A game 7 is likely to go to Miami at home. (A Game 7 loss for Miami at home would be considered a stunning defeat.)

No matter what, for the Spurs to win this series, they'll have to win more than one game in Miami.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
BB3 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't know. I think the Spurs have a very great team that could win three games in a row. With Kawi Leonard guarding Lebron and seeing him hold him to 18 points, which is low for LeBron, I think San Antonio will win the series. Duncan didn't play his best, Ginoboli didn't play his best. I think at home, Duncan, Ginoboli and Tony Parker will all be on the top of their game. And with Chris Bosh struggling to shoot the ball, and Tony Parker making crazy shots like in game one, I think the Spurs will win the series seeing they have already won game one. The veterans on the Spurs have been to the finals before and they know what to expect. They are rested after sweeping the Grizzlies and in my opinion they will win the NBA finals.

Last edited by BB3; 06/07/13.

"What we know is a drop, what we don't know is an ocean."

-Sir Isaac Newton
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hope spurs! Tired of Labron!

Keep your head on the stock,wood on wood
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
A game 7 is likely to go to Miami at home. (A Game 7 loss for Miami at home would be considered a stunning defeat.)

No matter what, for the Spurs to win this series, they'll have to win more than one game in Miami.

Steve.

They're down to one game. Even though they've alternated wins throughout the series, no one will favor SA in a Game 7 in Miami.

SA has a big psychological hill to climb after wasting their chance to win the title in Game 6. If SA bounces back, they'll come back so strong they'll blow Miami out. If they don't, they'll get blown out. I don't think Game 7 will be close, whoever wins.

I'm tired of LeBron, too. I think everyone is.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (10gaugemag, 358WCF, 673, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 14 invisible), 1,659 guests, and 890 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,652
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.