Print Thread
Hop To
D
dogkilr Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Both dogs were working a coyote and some joker comes flying down the road in his little race truck like he's in the Baja 1000. My cur's are goin full steam after this big coyote and run him right out across the road in front of the truck.

The jackass had plenty of time to slow down as the dogs were all clearly visible while heading across a big open flat toward the road. Maybe he was concentrating so much on his high speed driving that he didn't see them, either way my dog was concentrating so much on their high speed pursuit of that coyote that my dog didn't even miss a stride, and ran right smack out in front of that truck.

This was out in the sticks on a 2 track dirt road, and I hadn't seen anyone else all afternoon. Whats the luck in this happening..... really sucks.

Sucks to bury one of your best friends.

Last edited by dogkilr; 12/02/12.
GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I am very sorry to hear of this. It is crap like this that makes me a little nervous each time I take a dog out to hunt, or even do some training. The dude driving the p.o.s. truck is a p.o.s. himself, and will surely get his at some point. Sorry about your dog bud. You are right, burying your buddy is a killer.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
An awful event.

I am sorry first for your loss and second that we all have to share this planet with complete idiots...

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
What a horrible end for a fine friend..You have my sympathy..We never get over the loss of our friends, and pets..We can only adjust..
I would bet this fool never saw the dogs or realized what was going on..I have been standing or hunting near a road many times and 98 percent of the drivers never realized I was there..best wishes..

Molon Labe
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I feel your loss, having lost a dog recently myself. For the dog... I've given this a lot of thought and please hear me out. I not so sure that I wouldn't want to go out that way, think about it. You are doing what you love , what you were bred to do, the very essence of your being is to hunt and run. Your last conscious thought is of the prey in front of you... then nothing, maybe impact, perhaps a flash, a brief moment of unexplainable pain then peace. Gotta say man that don't sound like a bad way to go. But for the living, the witness it SUCKS.
I"m not trying to belittle your loss in any way, just put in a different perspective to help ya through it.
Prayers.

bkraft

"Four things greater than all things are, Women and Horses and Power and War."
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,824 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,574
Posts18,453,952
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.