Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
My friend's Dad was in town last week and wanted to do some bird hunting so we headed to the local Sporting Club for some quality time with the dogs. He has a young GWP, Grace, and I had my GSP, Roxy, and they both did great! I brought my gun but ended up not even taking a shot because I was having so much fun watching the dogs work and running the camera. They ended up with four pheasants and six chuckar.....good times!! smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ouch!! wink
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa246/Nebraska01/Roxy5Point02192012.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa246/Nebraska01/P1040142.jpg[/img]

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Love the pics of bird dogs at work.

Whats the white stuff on the ground?

I bought my wife a new lens for her camera and she'll be tagging along next weekend as we do some 'hunting' for pheasant, chukar, and quail at a local place.

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
They actually got ~16" during their last storm!

Make sure to post those pics when you get back..... smile

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
huh......that GSP looks familiar.....cant quite place from where though whistle

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by rattler
huh......that GSP looks familiar.....cant quite place from where though whistle

I bet she does! wink How about posting some pics? My kids always like to see 'em.... smile

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I love watching a dog in the field doing what it was bred to do.

Getting a bird is a secondary bonus. (It's secondary 'cause I haven't been shooting well lately.)

Nice pictures!

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
nothing new, just the old ones.....

[Linked Image]'

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and my favorite of Jake
[Linked Image]

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Those are awesome! That high tail is as stylish as they come but I'm with you on the last pic - that one's a classic .... grin

Here's one with my girl and Roxy when she was just a pup. smile
[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Nice pics fellas. It sure takes me back a couple years.

If either of your dogs throw litters, please let me know. Sure do miss my Bonnie and Clyde. Unbelievable bird dogs.

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by T Bone
Nice pics fellas. It sure takes me back a couple years.

If either of your dogs throw litters, please let me know. Sure do miss my Bonnie and Clyde. Unbelievable bird dogs.

I bet you do miss Bonnie and Clyde and I wish I could've seen 'em in action. frown Jake and Roxy are proof that apples don't fall very far from the tree.

These are pics of T Bone with Bonnie and Clyde from their pheasant and grouse hunting days in SD....quite the resemblance! cool
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Roxy's been the best bird dog I've ever owned and if everything works out, I'm going to breed her for the first time this Spring (probably April/May). I'd love to keep as many pups as possible in the family so shoot me your new contact info and I'll keep you posted.

A good friend of mine is a well-known GSP breeder and I've been helping him with the GSCNE Field Trials the last few years so I could check out as many dogs/lines as possible for a Sire. After a long search, I've finally settled on one and he goes by "Joker" but his formal name is Slicks Cuttin Wild. He's been a busy boy and has racked up the following - 3xCH 3xRU-CH 2xNGDC FC AFC and actually set a record for the youngest 2x NGDC (at two years).

He's from CO and here's the site with his info: Joker

And here's a pic....
[Linked Image]

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

121 members (406_SBC, 444Matt, 450yukon, 257_X_50, 19rabbit52, 270winchester, 18 invisible), 1,935 guests, and 806 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,380
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.