Please no "my... is the best dog ever..." tales.

Needs to hunt big fields close, often all day in 70 to 0 degree weather. Needs to hunt down , kill and retrieve clipped birds in 6 foot tall CRP. Have had (5) GWPs, almost perfect. Hunted E-pointers impressive... (if you can stand a dog that shivers 24/7 and may or may not retrieve). Britts... plucky little dogs that do OK except in the tall grass... GSPs some have been great...some duds. Have had two Springers, (family pets) one nearly scared a neighbor girl to death (rage?)... will not chance such a thing again.

Of course a point is the real deal, but, dog-gone-it I just hate to lose a bird. ('have upped the power level to Prairie Storm mags, with just a slight increase in kills)

Just taking the fun out of the hunt spending an hour, (plus) to try to find hit-hard birds that get away.

Never warmed up to labs. (Seem to suffer in the heat and a hundred pound slobber dog following me through the weeds has no appeal.)

Another complication is air travel to hunt... otherwise I would hunt with a pack of Retrieving Beagles. see Pointing Labs...just kidding.

A Pointing Lab that is white and possesses a "stay skinny gene" would be an answer.

The German superdogs I have had needed to work all the time or they got into trouble, when I am retired I can be a 365 day a year dog handler...until then...

Suggestions...

Watch 'Yer Topknot!