Hop To
J
jagd Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Does this annoy anyone else?

Loving life in the Great North West one day at a time.

sounds like its time for a new gun.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Source, please.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

J
jagd Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
My Forster and the local hunting club chairman.

The date i recieved in the email was June 1st 2012 on state land so the private reviers will be able to continue with buisiness as usual.

My forster tells me they have lodged a complaint due to the short notice and the lack of lead free ammo available in large enough quantities at this time.

J
jagd Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
sorry i dont have more.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The land of my birth. Say it ain't so.

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
spent some time in that area last summer... saw hunting stands all over the place... sorry to hear this...

Andrew
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was born in Landstuhl and as a second lieutenant, assigned to the same kaserne (Kleber) in Kaiserslautern that my father was when I was born. My uncle, who I was named after, was assigned to Einseidlerhof Air Station. My wife and I got married in the Kaiserslautern rathaus. I love Rhineland Phalz.

Expat

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
That is sad to hear. Did quite a bit of hunting between Landstuhl and Bechhofen. It was all on private reviers, but I would assume they will eventually go the way of state land sooner or later.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Dom Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Appears other states will soon follow, talk also in Brandenburg.

At least DJV helped kill the Jagdsteuer in Bremen!! We need to start an initiative to put a yearly tax on bicycles, bowling balls, golf clubs, soccer balls, and all other sport items and see how that goes over, haha.

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Originally Posted by Dom
At least DJV helped kill the Jagdsteuer in Bremen!!

I guess you mean the Waffensteuer? The DJV didn�t help alot with that. The DJV does not support legal gun ownership in a way like many hunters might think. Actually the DJV supports a ban of semi automatic rifles like AR10, AR15 etc. that look like military issued rifles.

I quit the memebership in one of the LJV some years ago. It was a great idea.

Last edited by gebuesch1; 03/27/12.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gebuesch1
Originally Posted by Dom

I guess you mean the Waffensteuer? The DJV didn�t help alot with that. The DJV does not support legal gun ownership in a way like many hunters might think. Actually the DJV supports a ban of semi automatic rifles like AR10, AR15 etc. that look like military issued rifles.

This is not correct.

The DJV does not support a ban of "black rifles". The DJV views them critically for the image in hunting in Germany.

http://www.jagd-online.de/news/?meta_id=2791

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Originally Posted by cmg
This is not correct.

The DJV does not support a ban of "black rifles". The DJV views them critically for the image in hunting in Germany.

http://www.jagd-online.de/news/?meta_id=2791

Actually, Mr. Hallermann, one of the vice-presidents of the DJV, mentioned several times during an online interview/live chat with DJV/LJV members at the end of November that such rifles are not needed for hunting and that they are more dangerous than other semi automatic rifles. He clearly mentioned HK MR223/308 rifles and compared them with rifles that are used in current wars and that such rifles are not useful for hunting. Considering German gun laws which only allow gun ownership if there is a reason, like hunting, for it and considering that the GREEN party issued a law proposal at the same time that includes that ban of "black rifles" the DJV got some pretty angry letters after this live chat. After that the DJV "changed" its position a little bit. But it is sure that the DJV will not do anything against such a ban and probably the DJV would like such a ban. As a German hunter and gun owner I do not want to be betrayed by such an organization.

Last edited by gebuesch1; 03/27/12.
Dom Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by gebuesch1
Originally Posted by Dom

Yes, my mistake on the 'Jagdsteuer' -- brain thinking Waffensteuer and fingers type something else.

I am quite surprised that you don't support DJV and would rather they don't exist, kinda like a lot of Ami's who don't support NRA. You may not agree with everything they do, but I would hazard to say both the German hunter and American rifleman would be in much worse shape if nobody was standing up for them in the political arena. I'm sure there is much goes on behind doors that we will never hear about.

For those who think if an organization does not agree with 100% of what they want then they quit . . . which is impossible for an org to please 100% of the people 100% of the time . . . there's already serious discontent between sport shooters and hunters, each blaming the other. I don't know what the answer is, but I sure as hexx am glad DJV and NRA are visible and trying their best on the political level to keep this kind of BS in check.

Personally I don't like or want any 'black rifles', but that doesn't mean I don't support other responsible sportsman from being able to purchase and shoot them. The DJV may have stepped out of line on the issue to some hunters/sportsman, but that doesn't mean we should disown them. They have a lot of very worthwhile and constructive programs in schools, shooting, nature conservancy, etc as well.

If DJV disappeared, and then all your rights were chipped away and lost, and then along comes a Tax of 300 Euro per year per weapon, you may have wished you weren't so critical of them.

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Originally Posted by Dom
I am quite surprised that you don't support DJV ...

Well, alot of German hunters do not support the DJV because it is not the first time that they take part in actions that are against the German gun owners and hunters. So only about 70 % of German hunters are members of an organization (LJV) that belongs to the DJV. The Bavarian LJV left the DJV completly. DJV and DSB (largest German target shooting association) were in favor of the even then pretty strict first federal gun law 40 years ago.

In 2007/2008 and 2009 DJV did not really do anything against the even stricter gun laws. They just send the FWR (Forum Waffenrecht) with its "famous" Geheimdiplomatie=secret diplomacy. In 2009 the local LJVs did not even keep their members informed about what�s going through their monthly magazines. When the new law passed they even told their members that it was not bad.

Originally Posted by Dom
The DJV may have stepped out of line on the issue to some hunters/sportsman, but that doesn't mean we should disown them.

It is not the first time that the DJV stabbed the German gun owners in their back. They will do it over and over again.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

694 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 3,056 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,267
Posts18,467,209
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.