Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

The Winchester/Sharps show in Cody, Wyoming is one of the premier gun shows in America. Yesterday I went to Cody to see what I didn't have and could afford to buy. I came home empty handed.

A friend of mine had the most spectacular display of 50 caliber Winchesters you will ever see in one collection. He had over 24 feet of floor space with rifles hanging nearly 8 feet high. You just don't see this kind of display anywhere. The condition of all the rifles was near mint on many and 90% or better on most of the rest.

I pointed out a few of the rifles I would like to have should something bad happen to him...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Did he get your autograph?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I expect to see you standing over a dead moose or elk with one of those rifles this winter...
Bob

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I saw Mike's unbelievable collection at a WACA show in Erie, PA many years ago....Breathtaking to say the least!

Life's too short to smoke cheap cigars....
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Did he get your autograph?

Travis

I thought an autograph was an even trade, he didn't...

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The autograph needs to be on a check:) Nice collection of Winchesters to be sure.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I know a guy with a huge Winchester collection. He's pretty tight lipped about it. He has hundreds -- shotguns, bolt guns, lever guns -- probably 600 in total. He started buying in the late 60's as an alternative retirement plan. They go way back and everything is in good condition, about half of the stuff he bought new in the box.

He's 68 and on the verge of retirement. I think his retirement plan is well funded.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Back in 2001/2002, I traded most of my Father's pre-'64 Winchester 70 collection to a friend for a section of irrigated farm ground. The farm rent provides a known income stream, paid in halves on May and November 1st each year.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have always considered the gun collection as a tax free supplement to my retirement income. The problem is I keep adding inventory not reducing it. I'm working on a M70 collection of the original std calibers.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I know a guy with a huge Winchester collection. He's pretty tight lipped about it. He has hundreds -- shotguns, bolt guns, lever guns -- probably 600 in total. He started buying in the late 60's as an alternative retirement plan.

I doubt he votes democrat grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
There was a guy south of Corvallis, OR in the 60's and 70's that had a collection of Winchesters that was so huge that when he displayed them in the Memorial Coliseum in Portland they covered most of the wall on one side of the arena floor. After his death, the heirs just sold everything for a huge amount of money.

To ride hard, shoot straight and speak the truth.
NRA Benefactor Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Heirs probably lived in Kalifornia.. and fought over every nickel.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Yeah we did and GFYS you ignorant bassturd, cause everyone in Kalifornia is a money grubbing whore!

Last edited by knivesforme; 07/17/15.

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I rearranged my Photobucket and had to re-post the picture. There may be larger collections, there may be more money in guns, but to find a collection of 50 caliber Winchesters in this condition, won't happen anywhere...

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by knivesforme
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Yeah we did and GFYS you ignorant bassturd, cause everyone in Kalifornia is a money grubbing whore!

Thanks for checking in and confirming what everyone here would surmise, genius.. and, oh by the way, Stank You for your dumbazz PM.

So, how many did you keep? I mean the ones that really meant something to you, being family member and all.

Now, GFY and have a nice day, muffin crotch.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
K
K
My father has a larger collection of 50 cal than this, he also has the largest collection of factory engraved guns dating pre-1940 than anyone in the country including 2 Annie Oakley guns, and one of the last one of one thousand guns in private hands

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Pictures or it ain't true (per Campfire rules) grin

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kwmpa
My father has a larger collection of 50 cal than this, he also has the largest collection of factory engraved guns dating pre-1940 than anyone in the country including 2 Annie Oakley guns, and one of the last one of one thousand guns in private hands

My dad can beat up your dad...

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
A good friend of mine found and bought the nicest 1886 I've ever seen in person a few years ago. Thing was and is beautiful. Added to that it is chambered in 50/100/450, has deluxe wood, checked top flat on the octagon, and original express leaf barrel sights as well as a tang sight. All accompanied by a Cody letter. It's a full magazine takedown too. He gathered a complete set of original loading tools, nutcracker, mold, etc to go along with it. Told me he was going to shoot a grizzly in the spring if he could get close enough to one. Sadly, he passed away shortly afterward and never got to hunt with it, though I know he did shoot it some. I saw it at a local shop after his death but haven't seen it the last couple times I've stopped in.
It would have fit right in in the collection Shrapnel posted above.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
One of the nicest 1886's I ever saw came out of a garbage can set at the curb.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

248 members (358WCF, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 280shooter, 204guy, 36 invisible), 1,951 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,160
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.