Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Not affiliated, but wanted to show you guys this barrel. You don't see too many 270 fwt barrels listed anywhere. This one appears to be in excellent condition. sbrmike, may have been looking for one of these, but can't remember...

270 fwt pre 64 model 70 barrel

Not too bad of a deal either, for what it is..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
BP-B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
bsa: They ain't easy to find. Nice snag for someone. I would bra it if I were you!

I noticed they did not show the barrel stamp or did I miss it somehow?

I got a spare..... wink

[Linked Image]

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Back when I was wanting a 270 fwt, I would have bought this one in a heartbeat. You just don't see them for sale very often. I remember a member asking what a 270 fwt barrel would be worth. I think he was thinking about taking his off of his very nice rifle. This barrel is definitely worth the "buy it now" price. Bob, your barrel is a beauty. Looks damn near new!!

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
bsa: I am a fan of having "spares" or multiples of things that i like.

The reason that tube is such a good deal is not only as a spare but also might be screwed on another action should the chance arise. Compare that to the cost of buying a krieger, contouring threading and fitting etc. that barrel is a steal for $175.

Mine is maybe 15-20 years old. It is practically brand new and was stripped from an action to be used for a custom. by someone else. I paid maybe $75 bucks. It was fitted to an action and shot 6 rounds just to check it out. It shoots. smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I hear you Bob.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I thought flee bay denied anyone selling gun parts. Did they relinquish their morals for the dollar?

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
They have always allowed gun parts. They restrict some gun parts and no guns/actions/receivers/etc.

No brass, bullets, or ammo or high capacity magazines.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor Member
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
I thought flee bay denied anyone selling gun parts. Did they relinquish their morals for the dollar?

I don't know where you've been or who told you that. I've been buying gun parts for years. Barrels, triggers, stocks etc.... Damn near anything on the gun except for the serial #'d receivers...

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They did restrict some parts, mostly "assault weapon" parts. Anything listed as AR15 or AK47 etc. wouldn't take, you had to be creative with your language.

They might have even dropped that now I am not sure.

Wish I would have seen that barrel earlier, nice barrel, good deal.

Last edited by southwind; 04/11/16.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Strange that he ended the auction....... shocked

BSA MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Strange that he ended the auction....... shocked

Did you snag up that sucker?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Damn it!!! I was going to snag it up. Went back to check the auction and it was gone. Seller ended the auction.. He came to his senses... cry Probably re-thinking his low price tag too..

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dag nabbit! That was a nice one.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I'm the caretaker of a pre-war Model 70 .270 that was originally purchased by a family friend and has been in the family since 1960-62. The rifle is well used, no rust, padded and drilled (by original owner). Collector value has been lovingly used up.

I'm thinking of freshening this old lady up and loosing some weight in the process, as a pass down to grandson. If I run across a FW barrel, will it fit? With a good synthetic stock, barrel, and bottom metal, grandson and great grandson, can likely get another 65 years out of it.

Thanks,

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by jt402
I'm the caretaker of a pre-war Model 70 .270 that was originally purchased by a family friend and has been in the family since 1960-62. The rifle is well used, no rust, padded and drilled (by original owner). Collector value has been lovingly used up.

I'm thinking of freshening this old lady up and loosing some weight in the process, as a pass down to grandson. If I run across a FW barrel, will it fit? With a good synthetic stock, barrel, and bottom metal, grandson and great grandson, can likely get another 65 years out of it.

Thanks,

Jack

Yep, a fwt barrel will fit, but good luck finding a fwt 270 barrel. The guy on ebay pulled his head out of his azz or was told by someone how rare the 270 fwt barrels are, so he pulled the ad. You can also have a classic 270 fwt barrel installed or a custom barrel with a fwt contour installed. Throw everything in a McMillan stock and you will be good to go.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Thanks.......

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
677 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 12308300, 77 invisible), 2,747 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,644
Posts18,399,029
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.