Neighbor of a freind is selling a 1951 M70 in 270. I looked it over last night and told him I think I will pass, now Im wondering. Bolt matches receiver number, bolt face is clean and not marred or pitted at all. Markings under barrel are stamped 270 and 51. No cracks in wood, white line recoil pad added and stock was definitely refinished some time ago. Checkering is darn near smooth in many places. Low comb stock. Metal finish is worn, no pitting, just thin on the bluing. Front hood missing, rear sight swapped out and now is a Williams buckhorn style. No extra holes in receiver. Crown looks good and barrel is clean and looks good inside. Original swivels. Action cycles nicely, trigger is clean and could use some tweaking to lighten it a tad, more to my liking. Guy wants $500 for it. I have a 270 FWT so I sure dont need it, not that "not needing" a gun ever stopped me from buying before. Thought about it for a project, recut the checkering, clean up the wood, add a repro pad, but who knows. Sorry, didn't take any pictures.

There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
Everyone knows what they mean.
What's more important is time that is known
as the little dash inbetween.

Razz