Home
Posted By: VAnimrod Target block needed - 04/30/07
Requirements:

DURABLE, as in both field points and broadheads.
PORTABLE, as in it will come inside during the week, then get carried out in the the "park"/field for weekend shooting.

Could care less about looks.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Target block needed - 04/30/07
V,
I keep styrofoam because I don't shoot anything but broadheads, but they are messy. The "blocks" I have used are a pain...either tear up too easy with broadheads or field tips won't pull out easily. If I needed an easily transported target that was user friendly, I'd chose one of the 3-d targets. They work well with all points and come in lots of sizes.
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: Target block needed - 04/30/07
I've done styrofoam before... and yeah, it's messy as hell.

Can't see storage of a full-size 3D target being too easy right now, and figure that if I'm chucking arrows at a lifesize deer target, I WILL have the cops come investigate.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Target block needed - 05/01/07
Maybe one of the little pigs?
Posted By: Blacktail53 Re: Target block needed - 05/02/07
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Requirements:

DURABLE, as in both field points and broadheads.
PORTABLE, as in it will come inside during the week, then get carried out in the the "park"/field for weekend shooting.

Could care less about looks.

Morrell's Six Shooter.
I've been using one for years now. I take it to elk camp and we practice between hunts.
It's 21"x21"x21" and water proof. Fairly cheap @ $55. BT
Posted By: Horsefly80 Re: Target block needed - 05/06/07
I have used the block target for a couple of years I like it broadheads do cut them up you get little slivers of foam every time you pull your arrow but they still stop arrows. Have had the same one at my dads house for 3 years know and it still works fine.
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: Target block needed - 05/08/07
Got this one:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Blacktail53 Re: Target block needed - 05/08/07
That'll do fine!
© 24hourcampfire