Home
Posted By: TVC15 string or metal loop - 05/26/07
Wich do you use and why? TVC15
Posted By: Tom264 Re: string or metal loop - 05/26/07
String......I dont do heavy things on my string.
plus I had a buddy that had a metal one that kept smacking his rest when he fired it......he had a short brace hight.
Posted By: DEWY Re: string or metal loop - 05/26/07
String loop. Metal loop adds too much weight to the string, Shot string loops for years and never had a problem!!!! DEWY
Posted By: TVC15 Re: string or metal loop - 05/26/07
What does the extra weight do?
Posted By: Tom264 Re: string or metal loop - 05/26/07
Extra weight slows your arrow down......basically its unneeded weight, extra weight would be better on your arrow not your string.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: string or metal loop - 05/26/07
+1 on the string
Posted By: sambo3006 Re: string or metal loop - 06/01/07
Several years ago I used the metal loop, I believe it was called the PosiNok. I bought a nice new Scott Little Bitty Goose release and tried to shoot. The PosiNok got caught on the jaw of the release when I tried to release. That is pretty scary having the release jaws open and still at full draw. There is absolutely NO reason to use a metal loop. The string loop is the way to go. Get it put on right and you will never look back.

Good luck!
Sam
Posted By: Shag Re: string or metal loop - 06/02/07
Neither,

Nothing like havin something fail in the feild a couple hours away from the proshop. Trust me it can ruin an intire weekend. For everything that get's added to your string you loose 3 to 5 feet per second.

I just shoot off the string. Loop's are more forgiving. But with lots of practice your form should be just fine.

CD
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: string or metal loop - 06/02/07
+2 string loop..............547.
Posted By: RedRabbit Re: string or metal loop - 06/02/07
Been using a string loop for years. Hard to wear out a string loop, and not worry as much about wearing out the serving or have the serving separate if attaching the release directly to the serving. I believe they would help minimze any string torque from the release better than the metal variety.

RR
Posted By: one horn Re: string or metal loop - 06/04/07
I don't use either any more, but I feel a string loop is way better than any of the metal loops. If you do use a string loop keep a spare in your case and learn to tie them on. They don't fail often but they can at the worst time.
Posted By: Bow92 Re: string or metal loop - 06/12/07
go with a string loop they don't wear out your string as fast as the meatal ones do they don't slow down arrow speed as much they are also much less expensive than the metal ones
Posted By: firearms44 Re: string or metal loop - 06/14/07
String loop. Step-son has worn out his serving not using a loop, Plus jaws on release are metal. Metal to metal means noise. Ken
© 24hourcampfire