Home
Posted By: Jamison Wyoming Bow Trophies - 09/06/07
I thought I'd share a few pics of my brother and his buddy Ronnie. They are members of the Bowtech ProStaff and also a part of Heartland Bowhunter. Here are a few pics of some deer, antelope, and a bear all taken from the ranch my brother manages in SE Wyoming. All three species were taken within a 1 mile radius of each other. The antelope and bear are from this year(last week) and deer were last year and year before last. The typical WT netted 154 P&Y and is tied for the Wyoming State record Archery Typical Whitetail. The bear weighed just shy of 300#(no skull measurement yet), which isn't bad for a Wyoming bow kill.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: j_elky Re: Wyoming Bow Trophies - 09/07/07
Wow!!! Some very nice critters there!!!!

Sure would be nice to have access to that ranch!!!

Jeff
Posted By: sledder Re: Wyoming Bow Trophies - 09/07/07
You can have access. Its just the dollar amount you won't like.
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Wyoming Bow Trophies - 09/07/07
Not if it is somebody elses dollar.... grin
Posted By: BMD Re: Wyoming Bow Trophies - 09/07/07
Nice WT's for sure.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Wyoming Bow Trophies - 09/08/07
Thanks for sharing,fine trophies for sure!
Posted By: Jamison Re: Wyoming Bow Trophies - 09/08/07
He sent me these today-- They doubled on this year's deer yesterday. Both taken on the ranch with their bows...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jamison Re: Wyoming Bow Trophies - 09/09/07
He's really mopping up this year early in the season-- He took his Elk this morning on the ranch-- Not a huge bull, but very respectable for a bow kill.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MtnHtr Re: Wyoming Bow Trophies - 09/09/07
James,

Very impressive indeed! Nice critters.

MtnHtr
Posted By: zeke612 Re: Wyoming Bow Trophies - 09/10/07
Nice!
Posted By: centershot Re: Wyoming Bow Trophies - 09/11/07
So tell me, what does it cost to access a ranch like this?
Posted By: stumpy Re: Wyoming Bow Trophies - 09/11/07
I am curious too. I thought TX was the most expensive place to kill a deer.

Please don't tell me he traded that young daughter for one of those bucks. grin

stumpy
Posted By: Jamison Re: Wyoming Bow Trophies - 09/13/07
Ronnie tagged out on his elk yesterday morning....I don't have the score yet, but I am betting it'll make P&Y...
[Linked Image]

As far as the cost to hunt this ranch---no need to ask. Its a private ranch owned by my brother's boss. The only people allowed to hunt there are him and his best friends and the ranch staff which includes only Craig and Ronnie. Its strictly invitation only and they ain't passin' out invitations, if you know what I mean. If you want to know how hard it would be to get an invitation, just ask me, I have never hunted there in the last ten years he has managed the ranch. My dad has been hunting there once or twice and my uncle once. I can fish anytime and have caught a few 5#+ Rainbows in hte river that passes thru the ranch, but the hunting is a different story.
Posted By: ShootingLady Re: Wyoming Bow Trophies - 09/13/07
Great pictures!! I especially like the one with the little girl. And also the one with the lab!
Posted By: centershot Re: Wyoming Bow Trophies - 09/19/07
If it were my ranch, I'd operate it the same way - huntin ain't about money.
Posted By: cfran Re: Wyoming Bow Trophies - 09/28/07
Are you sure that typical 10 only scored 154? Seems like it would easily be in the 160's, can't see many deductions, good width and length to boot . . .
Posted By: Jamison Re: Wyoming Bow Trophies - 09/28/07
Yep-- Official P&Y score is 154 even--He is tied for the Wyoming state record Whitetail Archery kill.
© 24hourcampfire