Home
Posted By: HOGBUSTER ? RAGE BROADHEAD - 09/20/07
Has anyone used them on whitetail yet? I purchased a 3 pack 100gr yesterday for Sat opener here in TN. I hope im not disapointed in their performance.
Thanks
Posted By: rost495 Re: ? RAGE BROADHEAD - 09/20/07
Now thats plannning!! Buy heads on Wed for a Sat opener.... hope ya get to shoot em enough before then to test zero and flight....
Posted By: Flinch Re: ? RAGE BROADHEAD - 09/20/07
I hope you don't just screw them on your arrows and go hunting. Broadheads shoot completely different than field points 90% of the time. Don't hit bone and you will be fine with them. Flinch
Posted By: HOGBUSTER Re: ? RAGE BROADHEAD - 09/20/07
Yep! They fly to the exact point of aim as my feild points. No sight adjustment or nothing. The great thing about em is no plane or fishtail or cork screwing either. But then agin my bow is a MARTIN and perfectly tuned.
Posted By: rost495 Re: ? RAGE BROADHEAD - 09/21/07
Never had any of my Zwickey or Snuffer or Muzzy or wasp or slik triks, magnus,howard hill, or bear plane,fishtail or cork screw either. But again I tuned also. When tuned bow doesn't matter.

Glad they hit the same point! Thats not always the case.
Posted By: HOGBUSTER Re: ? RAGE BROADHEAD - 09/21/07
AMEN BROTHER!
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: ? RAGE BROADHEAD - 09/23/07
Hope you got to use them - good luck!
Posted By: HOGBUSTER Re: ? RAGE BROADHEAD - 09/25/07
So far all I have seen is does with little spotted fawns. I did see a med size doe sun evening at 20 yards, she kept looking over her shoulder at something. I let her walk hoping that mr big was coming down the same trail. Nothing showed! I went back yesterday evening with intent to put meat in the freezer. It was pretty windy and hot with a bright moon rising. Nothing showed! I guess they are feeding at night now.
Posted By: Phasmid Re: ? RAGE BROADHEAD - 09/25/07
Are those rage head post recall models? I guess they had some problems with the shape of the hole in the blades that can cause them not to deploy.
Posted By: ShootOne Re: ? RAGE BROADHEAD - 09/25/07
they had recalls with 3 blades, but i believe its fixed now. my quiver is loaded with the 2 blades, once i see a doe ill tell you how they work. so far only 7small bucks and 1 doe, if a slick head walks by tonight ill shoot her.

i have seen pics of the damage these do and im very impressed, huge entry holes
Posted By: HOGBUSTER Re: ? RAGE BROADHEAD - 09/25/07
Hello Phasmid
I shooting the THREE blade RAGE. Do you happen to know the PN# or product # of the recalled broadhead's? I still have the opened package they came in. Thanks for the heads up.
Posted By: Phasmid Re: ? RAGE BROADHEAD - 09/25/07
Here is a link to the companies' pdf bulletin on it.

http://www.ragebroadheads.com/images/recall/Rage%203%20blade%20recall%20CUSTOMER%20LETTER%20(6_6_07).pdf

It looks like you can visually ID the bad heads.
Posted By: HOGBUSTER Re: ? RAGE BROADHEAD - 09/27/07
Thanks Phasmid
© 24hourcampfire