Home
Posted By: outdoorcali Best bow sight? - 08/06/10
I need to pick up a sight for my compound bow. What is a good sight? Are Apex or Cobras any good? My budget is around 100 bucks. Thanks For your input
Outdoor Cali
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: Best bow sight? - 08/06/10
Yup they are good. It is really a subjective question. There are many good sights out there. I shoot a Sure-Lock and really like it. I have shot spot hogs which I think are a good sight as well.
Posted By: Dayton Re: Best bow sight? - 08/10/10
Also depends on what type of sight you're looking for. How many pins do you want?
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: Best bow sight? - 08/18/10
Alpex and Cobras have a good reputation; but, I've never personally used one so I can't comment. My favorite for multiple reasons is the Black Gold FlashPoint and is right at your desired price.
Posted By: TysonT Re: Best bow sight? - 08/18/10
I've had both Apex and Cobra sights, both are very good sights.

I have to agree with TheBigSky also, I have a Montana Black Gold Flash Point also and I love it. I also shoot a Spott Hogg SDP (7 deadly pins) and like that sight a lot also, however for most applications 7 pins (20-80 yards) is pretty unreasonable, the SDP is also over your price range. But SH makes several other 3 and 5 pin sights that will fit your budget.

Another Great Sight is Toxonics Brand, and even their most expensive sight is not much out of your budget... you get a lot of good quality and features for less $ with them. If I were in the market for another sight I personally would give them some real consideration.

http://www.basinarcheryshop.com/ This sight has an awesome selection too, and very reasonable prices. you can look sights up by price range too.

Something else to look for is get the smallest pin diameter you can. like .019 or .010 size; the larger dimaeter pin sizes (.029) block out more of the target area, and thus are less accurate.
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Best bow sight? - 08/19/10
I've been using Fuse sights lately because they fit so well on my Hoyt bows and work well for my purposes.

If I didn't use Fuse, I'd run a toxonics on my bow. Several friends use them and they are very sturdy sights.
Posted By: Dayton Re: Best bow sight? - 08/19/10
If you're considering a single pin I would recommend HHA. I've been running one for awhile and have been very happy.
Posted By: ULA24 Re: Best bow sight? - 08/19/10
HHA makes possibly the best single pin sight, along with the Montana Black Gold. The HHA sights are way to heavy though. The True Glow Range Rover is a good inexpensive reliable one pin.
Posted By: Outdoors26 Re: Best bow sight? - 08/21/10
I like the HHA's with a .010 pin. The one pin HHA weigh 8 and 9oz depending on model.I dont know what the Black Golds weigh,anyone?
Posted By: firearms44 Re: Best bow sight? - 08/21/10
My last 3 sets of sights were by Trophy Ridge. I now have a 1 pin Pendulem Trophy Ridge sight on my Mathews DXT.

Ken
© 24hourcampfire