Home
Posted By: swoosh23 Diamond Black Ice FLX or Z7 - 01/08/11
I have the opportunity to buy a new Diamond Black Ice FLX bare bow rather cheap (about $300 after taxes) but I really want a Mathews Z7/Z7 Extreme which would be at retail. I have not shot these two bows but from the reviews it seems that they are both great bows. I have a rest, sight, quiver, peep, etc.. so I am just looking at a bare bow. I am currently shooting the Diamond "The Rock" which I like, but I want to upgrade. As my dad always says, "Dont let your wants kill you!", and wanting a new bow is killing me! I was thinking of getting the Black Ice and then selling my Rock and I would only have a small investment in it. So all you bow experts let me know what you think.. is a bare Black Ice FLX at $300 a good enough deal to not get the Z7 line?

Any opinions and knowledge is appreciated.

Thanks

Swoosh23
Posted By: ULA24 Re: Diamond Black Ice FLX or Z7 - 01/09/11
That is a nice deal on the Black Ice FLX , which I assume is the 2010, when the FLX feature came out. One of the smoothest bows available. I do like the standard Z7; I do not like the new Z7 Extreme, unless you are pygmy of course. A cheap used standard 2010 Z7 is going to cost $600-$650, it's worth that. For just $300, I would jump on that Black Ice. The Z7 is sweet, but not $300+ dollars better--no way.
I'd also go with the Diamond at that price ..........Good luck.............Hillbilly.
Well I got the Diamond today. It has a smooth pull. I will go shoot it this week sometime. If I dont like it, I already have several people who want it and I will just get the z7.. Swoosh
good move...............Hillbilly.
Posted By: rta48 Re: Diamond Black Ice FLX or Z7 - 02/01/11
Great buy swoosh, I bet you will never look back with the Black Ice.

Randy
I have a 06 black ice. Used to buy a new bow regularly before I bought this one. Had it since 06 and have not even considered a new bow.
Posted By: cal74 Re: Diamond Black Ice FLX or Z7 - 02/06/11
Originally Posted by jamesh76
I have a 06 black ice. Used to buy a new bow regularly before I bought this one. Had it since 06 and have not even considered a new bow.

I haven't even thought about a new bow either since buying my Black Ice, especially when you look at the prices.
I got my Black Ice sighted in and it is a smoothe shooting bow. I actually went and shot the z7 and didnt think that it was worth the extra money. Actually I liked the Black Ice better. Also maybe it had to do with the pro shop guy being nice at first and when I told him I was waiting on tax returns that were coming the end of Feb, he acted like I had the plague. Oh well I like what I got and I am happy as a pig in mud! Thanks for all your help and I think you guys are right about having this one for a long time.

Swoosh
just was at bowtech factory saterday they tuned my 350 my pro shop could not get it done but it shoots like a lazer now the pro shop is the only way to get work done its a 7 1/2 hour round trip but very worth it.
Posted By: ULA24 Re: Diamond Black Ice FLX or Z7 - 02/26/11
That is messed up, you having to drive 7.5 hours to get your bow tuned. You must have some lousy shops in your area,
© 24hourcampfire