Home
The limb bolts on my bow have gotten wet and are siezed, is there a penetrating oil that won't smell to high heavens. I shot it during turkey season and I want to crank it up for deer season. What can I use that won't have a terrible smell or smell all season long?
100% Olive oil cooking spray.

Gunner
If they can smell the oil on your bow, they can smell you. I have always thought Breakfree CLP had a non-offensive odor though, and works great on everything (guns, bows, vehicles, etc)
Gene Wensel suggested vegetable oil to me for purposes like that.
Gys,Deer can smell anything...you will not know runs them off. Do you see the new test from Field& Stream with the Police dog they found the clean hunter inside 30 seconds..every time.
Get a rifle,shoot from far away....
That works too...
Originally Posted by rifle
Gys,Deer can smell anything...you will not know runs them off. Do you see the new test from Field& Stream with the Police dog they found the clean hunter inside 30 seconds..every time.
Get a rifle,shoot from far away....

They only smell you if they are downwind.... dog and deer noses are different. Moral? Get a bow and stay downwind and close to the deer and kill all you want...
Rost495 well said
You will NEVER EVER EVER fool a deer or elk's nose, regardless of what scent killer or cover scent you use. Some animals may be curious and hang around, making the hunter think his "scentless" body suit or cover scent did it's job. Point being, your breath, bung hole, feet ALWAYS stink, no matter what you do. A little oil on your limbs makes no difference at all. Hunt the wind. Flinch
© 24hourcampfire