Home
I just purchased a new PSE Stringer. I have always in the past had my WinnFlight release latch right onto the bow string itself. The PSE came with the loop I assume due to the shorter length of the bow and string pinch. What are my options? Do I try a different style of release? Any help would be appreciated.
I do not know if it would work, but if you need to get a new one look into almost any Tru Ball.

Thanks Winnie
Do you have a picture or a model number? Maybe I can get a better idea.
I agree that truball make good releases, but I prefer my Scott Wildcat or Silver Horn over the truball (sorry I don't remember the model) that I currently have.

You might be best off to hit your local pro shop and try out a few different brands/models, just like buying a new bow... they are all different and everyone prefers one over another for their own reasons.
I also agree Tru-Ball releases are awesome I've used my 2 for over 10 years flawlessly. The string loop is also a good thing. It reduces the torque one can place on the string if your anchor point is compromised. Will your current release fit the loop ?
Thanks guys!
My Winn Flight does fit just very hard and cumbersome to get it to latch. I will go try out some other one.
What keeps the string loop in the same position every time you draw?
Originally Posted by poz62
Thanks guys!
My Winn Flight does fit just very hard and cumbersome to get it to latch. I will go try out some other one.
What keeps the string loop in the same position every time you draw?

The string loop stays in the same place because of the type of knot that is used, I think it's called a cinch knot. Anyway they are extremely tight, and have to be cut off (if installed properly) to remove them. Google "Archery D loop" and you'll find links and how-to's about doing your own D loop.
Thanks Tyson
If you really like your Winn, they make one to be used for string loops:

http://www.winnarchery.com/loop.html
Thanks Pointer
© 24hourcampfire