Home
[Linked Image]

I harvested this buck on Saturday evening. I'm thrilled with him and never really gave much thought to the record books until it dawned on me that he might qualify. After doing some reading, I think he meets all of the criteria except one. I used a Lumenok on my arrow.

Oh well. I didn't care much about record books before and I'm not going to lose any sleep now. He'll still look good on the wall and provide a great memory for me.
I never understood (P&Y's issue with)the Lumenok thing, it doesn't help you until after you shoot, and then only to see shot placement. I can understand lighted pins, bow mount rangefinders or e sights, but the lumenok is lumped in because it's an electronic device. I don't use them, but wouldn't have a problem with an exception for that sort of device.
Oh well, great buck, would easily meet the P&Y min score.
they ain't gotta know...
Originally Posted by Seminole39
they ain't gotta know...

Yeah, but it ain't about them. I know.
Originally Posted by TakeEm
I never understood (P&Y's issue with)the Lumenok thing, it doesn't help you until after you shoot, and then only to see shot placement. I can understand lighted pins, bow mount rangefinders or e sights, but the lumenok is lumped in because it's an electronic device. I don't use them, but wouldn't have a problem with an exception for that sort of device.

I agree with you. It's unfortunate that illuminated nocks get lumped in with other electronic devices, but those are the rules. To be honest, I never even thought about Lumenoks disqualifying a deer from P&Y until after harvesting this one and reading the rule.
ain't nothing but measuring inches. We get all outa whack about that.

I think you have it handled well though.... its a great buck, will look great on the wall, and be happy.

Books don't mean squat. Unless you play the I got a larger... than you do stuff.

For me, its the memories of the hunt more so than what someone else thinks. Or whether its book or not.
Great buck there. Location?
BTW I have 2 that make it... but would never think of entering em...
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Great buck there. Location?

Approximately 45 miles NW of Columbia, MO.
Very nice. I was in that area a couple years ago. Working at Callaway NP. Stopped in at Grafs and Midway........
Very nice Buck and myself i could care less about my name in some dam record book.
I have a B&C buck on my wall I shot in 2009 and never even officially scored it. It is in the 160s or better....
Very nice buck! I'd love to take something like that and would be just plain tickled. His rack has some nice character that just stands out to me. Congrats!
That's a great buck - book or not! Look at that neck......gotta love the rut. smile
Originally Posted by High_Brass
Very nice buck! I'd love to take something like that and would be just plain tickled. His rack has some nice character that just stands out to me. Congrats!

Thanks. His rack has some more character that doesn't show up in that pic. When I get him back from the taxidermist, I'll snap some better pictures and post them up here.
Great buck. Congratulations.
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE
Originally Posted by Seminole39
they ain't gotta know...

Yeah, but it ain't about them. I know.

+1. My kind of guy. Congrats on a super buck!
He makes my book as a nice buck if that makes you feel better. Who gives a chit about P&Y. Are they going to volunteer to come find your arrow after the shot? They gonna pay you for it? Nope. Again, nice buck. Well done lumenock or not!
The picture made me laugh...

laugh
Nice buck by the way. Pope and Young or not... it's a hell of a trophy.
Love the picture. His tongue hanging out and all is awesome. I didn't even know about those things but think I just might have to pick some up.

Thanks.
Great buck! I have 2 that score over 150 with my bow, but I could care less about my name on the long list of pope and young.

BTW, how much did that toad weigh? His neck is huge!
[Linked Image]

Ok, here's the finished result along with a bit of accessorizing compliments of my wife.
Originally Posted by fisher122101
BTW, how much did that toad weigh? His neck is huge!

I didn't weigh him, but he was definitely over 200 lbs after being field dressed.
Great buck, books are for the birds
plus one on books... they don't mean squat

Great buck!
Congrats on a great buck! That book is overrated anywY!
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
The picture made me laugh...

laugh

Yep. I'm not sure how you did it with what I'm guessing to be a white 3/4 pickup instead of a camo side by side of some nature.

great deer.
© 24hourcampfire