Home
Posted By: brayh92 new recurve - 01/16/13
i got a used dick robertson montana stykbow about 30 broadheads a new selway limb bolt quiver and a blitzenberger fletcher and a neet hardcase for 40 bucks yesterday it was such a good deal i couldnt believe it took the bow out today and shot it it shoots like a dream as much as i love my hoyt pro hunter i think i found my new hunting bow
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: new recurve - 01/16/13
You should be arrested.Would love to see pictures.Don't shoot FF untill you make sure it is compatiable.
Posted By: sharps4590 Re: new recurve - 01/16/13
If not arrested at least overcome with guilt.

Everyone should fall into something like that once in a while....sure wish my turn would hurry up and get here. Good on you brayh
Posted By: brayh92 Re: new recurve - 01/16/13
Yea I've been lookin for a good awhile tryin to find another nice recurve and I found this one on Craigslist and I even offered to pay the guy more since he was given me so much but he wouldn't takin it said he just wanted to see it go to someone that would treat it right and shoot it and he didn't care about the money

I assured him it would be shot and treated great
Posted By: brinky72 Re: new recurve - 01/17/13
Damn! The fletching jig runs more than that. You just won the lotto.
Posted By: ScottH Re: new recurve - 01/17/13
Deal of the year.
Posted By: Biathlonman Re: new recurve - 01/17/13
Or hot...

You sure it wasn't stolen?
Posted By: brayh92 Re: new recurve - 01/17/13
Yea I'm pretty sure it wasn't stolen the guy is a very decorated retired marine and known quite well around here
Posted By: ribka Re: new recurve - 01/17/13
Dick makes great bows. That is quite the bargain. Unbelievable price.

Bowhunting must have been smiling on you that day.
Posted By: DanAdair Re: new recurve - 01/17/13
Agreed. Dick is a first class guy, and has done TONS for traditional bowhunting. You will not find a better man.

Oh, and I'll give you 80 bucks for the bow if it doesn't work out laugh
Posted By: brayh92 Re: new recurve - 01/17/13
thanks for the offer Dan but I think ill hang onto it wink haven't been home long enough the last few days but I'm gonna get some pics up tomorrow
Posted By: ltppowell Re: new recurve - 01/18/13
Originally Posted by brayh92
i got a used dick robertson montana stykbow about 30 broadheads a new selway limb bolt quiver and a blitzenberger fletcher and a neet hardcase for 40 bucks yesterday it was such a good deal i couldnt believe it took the bow out today and shot it it shoots like a dream as much as i love my hoyt pro hunter i think i found my new hunting bow

Don't talk about it too much. Whoever it got stolen from with be inquiring.
Posted By: centershot Re: new recurve - 01/18/13
Any time you want to double your money, just let me know.
Posted By: MnFn Re: new recurve - 01/26/13
Well I paid $300 for my Robertson longbow and got to pick my own wood; shedua and locust. Of course, that was around 1980 or so..
;-). I would love to find a deal like that.
Posted By: brayh92 Re: new recurve - 01/27/13
Sounds like a beautiful bow. I've had 3 custom longbows all were timberhawks though and sold because they didnt feel good to me.I've been lookin at the Robertson longbows since I got the recurve though if there anywhere as nice and good shooting as the recurves they make I'd love to have one
Posted By: ribka Re: new recurve - 01/27/13
Robertson's bamboo limbed long bow is a shooter.

No idea what the wait time is his bows now.
Posted By: brayh92 Re: new recurve - 01/28/13
Ill have to look at that one ribka, I'm not real worried about the wait time I'm in no hurry to buy another bow I have 5 recurves total now. 2 aren't shooters though just wall piece and a Matthews switchback xt
Posted By: VaTraveler Re: new recurve - 01/28/13
Good deal. I know you'll enjoy it. Since I got my long bow, I have alot more time to shoot and alot less time tuning and buying the "latest and greatest' must have item.
Posted By: brayh92 Re: new recurve - 01/28/13
I enjoy shooting traditional bows much more than compounds. Bryan I only have my Matthews because I got a hell of a deal on a trade for it
Posted By: DanAdair Re: new recurve - 01/28/13
Originally Posted by ribka
Robertson's bamboo limbed long bow is a shooter.

No idea what the wait time is his bows now.

Not as long as it was before the economy tanked.

While you've got him on the phone ask him about his Boo Brothers 3 Wt flyrod he just traded into.
© 24hourcampfire