Home
Hello,

I tried last week one H.Hill Wesley Special Bamboo laminated Long Bow. I fell in love with it!!!!
Was a 50 lbs (don�t remember the lenght of the bow).
Was a pleasure to shoot!! No shock waves at all!!! What would be a fair price for a lightly used one like this? And what do you think about this bow? I think with a good wood arrow and point it would be addecuate for big game like Red Deer...? With the range limitacion of a long bow of course!

Thank you for all the information!

PH
Sounds like a beauty of a Long Bow!
I have a Jerry Hill (Howard's nephew) bamboo which is a close copy of the one you have, but mine is 60# @ 28". Mine is worth roughly $650.00 used, so that may be a guide to the one you're looking at.

As to the wood arrow and single blade broadhead being sufficient for your deer, I would say an emphatic YES! Any ungulate within 25yds is fair game of the combo you are discussing.

Ed
Thank you very much, guys!!!

PH
US retail pricing on the bow is $600.00

Just my opinion but at that point I would rather spend an extra $100-$200 and get a Dan Toelke.

So for the bow in question used but in great condition I would say $400 to $450.
Does Toelke make a true D shaped longbow?

I hear a lot about the Whip, but that's a hybrid. Different animal.
Yes he does...he calls it a Super D . I have a Whip and like it very much. Bruce
And Takedown TOO!
Thank you MCH!

Regards

PH
Might also look into a longbow by Border Archery in Scotland.
© 24hourcampfire