Home
should i replace the apex sights on on a bowtech assassin or stick with em? this is my first bow im gonna replace the octane rest with a QAD but was wondering if the apex is a good sight?
Posted By: TomA Re: bowtech assassin. new sights? - 07/24/13
When I purchased my Assassin LE the first thing I replaced was the 3 pin Apex sight and Octane rest. I do a month long walk and stalk archery hunt every year in Colorado for bear and elk and this setup is not to my liking. I don't know that anything is wrong with either of the original sight or rest but neither suits my needs. It all depends on what you plan on doing with your bow. Shots to 40 yards than a 3 pin sight will work fine. The octane rest may be fine for target shooting but walking/stalking through the timber with protruding limbs/branches is a problem waiting to occur. I like simple and solid when it comes to hunting gear. Tom
excuse me not an octane rest i meant hostage rest lol
I've kept the original sights on my Assassin as they work fine for me. I just replaced the rest a few weeks back with a QAD. Noticeable difference.
Posted By: TomA Re: bowtech assassin. new sights? - 07/24/13
Meant to say Destroyer 350 LE not Assassin LE. Got too many toys. Tom
Ditch the stock sights and drop the coin for an Axcel Armortech. It is a fixed pin sight. I personally prefer a fixed pin over a moveable pin because I dont have to worry about having it set for appropriate yardage because out to 60yds I have a pin for that. Many will argue for a single pin moveable, but I prefer to keep things simple. I concentrate more on my shot instead of hoping i had the pin set right
Black Gold and never look back...
Put them side by side. Axcel all day long. And I used to be a MBG fan. The Armortech is a superb sight. Brighter pins. 100% protected fiber optics. Easy adjustments.
I don't know many folks that will agree with you there .280. Black Golds take the cake in my book. I'm a huge fan of the ascent. I think a 3-5 pin ascent is the cats meow.
The Axcel is an awesome sight well designed and well made. I would take it over a compareable MBG or Spot Hogg.

I am a big fan of simplicity so my favorite sight is the Spot Hogg Bullet Proof. It isn't a super popular sight due to the fact it doesn't have all the unnessary bells and whistles. But it is a solid, simple, rugged sight that just simply does its job and does it well.
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
The Axcel is an awesome sight well designed and well made. I would take it over a compareable MBG or Spot Hogg.

I am a big fan of simplicity so my favorite sight is the Spot Hogg Bullet Proof. It isn't a super popular sight due to the fact it doesn't have all the unnessary bells and whistles. But it is a solid, simple, rugged sight that just simply does its job and does it well.

are the pins bright on the spot hogg bullet proof ? i like simplicity and durability as well and the price is nice on that spot hogg too
Bright enoung to see in legal light.
Originally Posted by quackaddict
I don't know many folks that will agree with you there .280. Black Golds take the cake in my book. I'm a huge fan of the ascent. I think a 3-5 pin ascent is the cats meow.

MBG has become a fanboy company. I ran their sights for a number of years. They cant come close to the Armortech.
If you say so.
© 24hourcampfire