Home
Posted By: killindeer treewalker climbing stands - 09/12/13
anyone use these? buddy of mine bought one recently and really likes it. a little pricey but seems like a great climber
Posted By: AH64guy Re: treewalker climbing stands - 09/12/13
KD- a month ago, you were set on buying a couple of Summits. What happened?
this guy had a summit and said he prefers this one. that i should check it out. im not decided against the summit tho. but the treewalker is a few lbs lighter and according to him doesnt rattle as much while packing it in. also has a removable front bar i believe
All day comfort get the summit. Quiet setup and stealthily approach get the lone wolf hand climber. Or just get one of each
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: treewalker climbing stands - 09/13/13
I have a Treewalker, bought it about three years ago. This should be my fourth season with it.

I wouldn't trade it for three Summits. (and I've had two) It is a great stand; very easy to climb with and very quiet, really bites into the tree, lots of room, great to bow hunt out of and gun hunting is even better. Easy as pie to spend all day in and I have. 11+ hours without coming down........

Great guys to deal with also.
This is the one I have................

http://www.treewalkertreestands.com...chillpad&r2=armpads&r3=gunholder

Posted By: AH64guy Re: treewalker climbing stands - 09/13/13
Looks like a good stand. I'd check weights between the two, not much difference between the two brands if I remember my weights correctly.

How easy are the pins and straps to adjust?
Originally Posted by AH64guy
Looks like a good stand. I'd check weights between the two, not much difference between the two brands if I remember my weights correctly.

How easy are the pins and straps to adjust?

Piece of cake. The end of the cable inside the tube is yellow and easily seen even in low light, the pin slides in an locks things up.

Posted By: pointer Re: treewalker climbing stands - 09/13/13
Had never heard of treewalker, but I like what I see! Love the open front of my Summit for bow season, but could like a front bar during other times of the year. Might have to track one of these down to see in person.
i think on the tw u can remove the front bar.
Posted By: pointer Re: treewalker climbing stands - 09/13/13
Originally Posted by killindeer
i think on the tw u can remove the front bar.
Correct, the ProMag XL and XLT have the removable front bar. Below is a link to the comparison chart of their different models.

http://www.treewalkertreestands.com/compare.asp
i just missed a sale in my local craigslist on a treewalker. was loaded. wish ida looked sooner
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: treewalker climbing stands - 09/14/13
I probably should have got the removable bar but shooting out of mine with my Bowtech Guardian is no problem.
KD- a month ago, you were set on buying a couple of Summits. What happened?

Ive noticed that as well and not just with the tree stands. You have a ton of new equipment already. Better slow down and get familiar with what you have. Pick something of a known quantity and use it for a season. Then next year pick something new to try. Crunch time with a big buck in front of you isnt the time to realize you overlooked some small detail while trying to learn all your new equipment.
I'm going into the 4th year with the pro mag. This is the most solidly built and stable stand I've ever owned. The only issue I've seen is that it will sap a pine up pretty good, if you climb it a few times...but it will not slip. I've climbed several types of oaks and a few hickorys and it won't budge.

+ It's completely made in USA (Tennessee).
Summits are noisy as hell. They seem great - until you find something better and then you realize how crappy they are. Don't get me wrong, they sit really comfortable but they are noisy in and out of the woods without a real good way to strapy them together. Setting the stand up is noisy as the cable makes a lot of racket inside the aluminum tubes.

Check out the Equalizer treestand. It is made by Buckshot now. I have one and would not trade it for three summits. It is light, quiet, packable and the best part is you can level your stand as you go up the tree - no more guessing as to the correct angle in hopes that you have guessed correctly once you get to your desired spot on the tree.
By the way, though I just wrote about the Equalizer I have heard nothing but good things about the Treewalker.
Posted By: kevinJ Re: treewalker climbing stands - 10/20/13
You will love the tree walker. Lots of adjustment in tree size it will fit, stable, and will not slip on the tree since it has spikes and not blades. Requires no straps to put it together to carry in and out. Uses a compression fit so the bottom sits inside the top. Very quiet to set up and take down. If you buy one you need to buy the bow holder and the gun holder as they work great and I couldn't see not having them. I am actually a very close friend of the owner and his sons. Grew up hunting with them and still hunt with one of the sons regularly, my best friend for over 20 years. They make a quality product, and it is made 100% in USA in East Tennessee . There are a lot of good stands out there, but very few American made. I am not ptp, nor do I work for them. I am a new member who just ran across this post, and decided to tell you that you could buy that stand in confidence. I have and still own other brands of climbers. This is just my favorite stand.
thanks for the replies...i found a deal i couldnt pass up on a new summit viper SD limited....i will likely end up getting a treewalker in the future but the summit will do for now its a good one just having trouble packing it right
Posted By: 406_SBC Re: treewalker climbing stands - 10/21/13
I've used a bunch (and all of the popular brands) of tree stands in the past thirty years, but Treewalker is significantly the most stable, most comfortable, quietest, easiest to adjust climber I've ever used. If there is something better more readily available I'd like to see it. I've never had a hunting partner borrow one and not say similar things.
Posted By: AH64guy Re: treewalker climbing stands - 10/21/13
thanks for the replies...i found a deal i couldnt pass up on a new summit viper SD limited....i will likely end up getting a treewalker in the future but the summit will do for now its a good one just having trouble packing it right

Trouble getting the top and bottom to stack on top of each other correctly?
Posted By: pointer Re: treewalker climbing stands - 10/21/13

That was sorta my problem at first. I "solved" that issue with a $3 rachet strap.

yea man. i mean i got em stacked right i think but theres no way to get to the backpack straps. the instructions they provide are ridiculous. its like the seat basically is just in the way or something. ive been working late and havent had a chance to really get it out and practice with it but i gotta get the packing thing figured out
Posted By: pointer Re: treewalker climbing stands - 10/21/13
On my older model Viper, the seat has to be pushed as far towards the back (part that contacts the tree) as possible. The supplied cam buckle strap would loosen enough that it'd rattle when I packed it. Like I said earlier, but I small rachet strap and use it instead. Once in the tree I use it to keep the top 1/2 of the stand from moving once I get it at the right height by hooking it behind the seat and around the backside of the tree.
Posted By: prm Re: treewalker climbing stands - 10/22/13
Properly stacked, the Summit makes no noise. Mine doesn't anyway. The strap tightens to hold them snug together. The cable can make some noise if the cover is torn. A little electrical tape helps. Or buy new cables. Very happy with my Summit, but would not mind trying the Treewalker. I'm looking for the lightest climber I can find for a new hunting area.
Posted By: wildone Re: treewalker climbing stands - 10/24/13
I have 2 friends with the tree walkers and they both have stated that it is the best stand they have ever owned, rock solid in any tree and comfortable.
Posted By: kevinJ Re: treewalker climbing stands - 10/25/13
The treewalker has 6 spikes on each piece. These dig in much better on very hard trees, and because of this you do not have to worry about bumping it when you stand up and causing your top to fall. Others use a blade with teeth that do not dig in, but pinch the tree, and are prone to slipping when bumped if you do not use a strap around tree. Treewalker uses no strap to hold it in place like others. Plus a ton of adjustment for tree diameter. Like I said before, I am a very close friend of the family. They make a 100% American made stand, and stand behind their product. Who knows who is welding the other stands or how old they are.
i can see myself purchasing a treewalker at some point. ive heard at hunting shows u can get a better deal than buying them off the site. so maybe next hunting show ill check them out. a buddy of mine bought one and it packs very easy. i still cant figure out the right way to pack this freaking summit
Posted By: JBO69 Re: treewalker climbing stands - 10/25/13
been using one for several years in central FL. One thing is for sure, those spikes sure dig into a pine tree. The amount of sap on the tree, stand and me would attest to it. Never had it slip.
Posted By: slg888 Re: treewalker climbing stands - 10/26/13
Originally Posted by JBO69
Never had it slip.
Before or after Liposuction?
Posted By: kevinJ Re: treewalker climbing stands - 10/26/13
you know a lot about lip suction don't you stoney.
Posted By: AH64guy Re: treewalker climbing stands - 02/07/14
In re-knindling an old thread...

I met with the Treewalker team at the Great American Outdoors Show (the former Eastern Outdoors Show) this week. I was able to do the "touchy-feeley" on their stands and ended up taking one home.

The owner was a good man to talk to and deal with, his young helper was very knowledgable as well. I can see why the hunters that have them like the stand. I'd agree with Kevin, they seem like really solid people, and know their product and the market.

Only drawback I see is size, it's a BIG stand, but it's lighter or the same weight as what I'm using now. I wouldn't carry it into dense brush, or back in several miles. Will see how it reacts in a tree, but liking what I learned so far. The range of tree size in one stand was selling point for me.

As far as the spikes, I'm thinking an extra nut threaded on the spike would cut down the damage on soft bark trees.
Great stand i love mine especially since i put the summit seat on
© 24hourcampfire