Home
Have you guys seen the new Pink Dirt Nap Gear broadheads? Pretty cool!

Dirt Nap Gear

[Linked Image]
Mommy parts pink and dangerous to handle. Reminds me of an old girlfriend...
How well do 2 blade heads tend to fly with the elevated speed of modern bows?
Just fine if it's tuned right.
What's the deal with that modular weight system? I might buy a pack if they are 125gr. Hell, I might buy a pack of the regular broadheads even if the pink ones don't come in 125gr. Look like good heads.
The modular weight system allows you to add a 25 grain weight collar to switch between 100 and 125 grains. Base broadhead is 100, add ring and you are at 125. Really neat for guys that like to try different FOC and see what their bow setup likes.

The standard red is pretty cool too.

Dirt Nap Gear website
I bought some very similar broadheads from NAP about 10 years ago and I could't get them to tune. I called NAP and got to talk to the VP Rick Miseck (I'm spelling his last name like it sounded). He said they couldn't get the fixed 2 blades to stabilize with carbon arrows over 260 fps. The shorter the head, even for 4 blades, the easier it gets. I think that's why Slick Tricks and the like are so stubby. I have tried, swapped, and given away a whole bunch of broad heads. I've never gotten a two blade to fly off any of my bows. I shoot my friend's recurves with cedar arrows and big two blade iron broadheads and they fly just fine. Back when I shot aluminum arrows with 5" feathers, I could get just about anything to fly... at 220 fps. I don't think I'd go back to 2 blades.
I have never been able to get and Type Broadhead to fly like a Three Blade Head from my compounds. My longbows shoot Two Blade Heads like darts
Those look like a German Kinetic knock off. Two blades will tune from a compound. Arrow spine must be correct and the stiff side needs to be up. Also your bow needs to be tuned. Takes a little more attention to tuning details, but its doable
I think you guys would be surprised. I have been shooting these and have them touching arrows at 60 yards. They are designed to fly well and straight out of modern bows and fast crossbows.
Nice looking broad head. A little light for my taste. I'd want about a 100 gr weight collar. Yup, I run a longbow at a wee bit slower speed.
Originally Posted by SilentT
I think you guys would be surprised. I have been shooting these and have them touching arrows at 60 yards. They are designed to fly well and straight out of modern bows and fast crossbows.

That's pretty good. Considering bows are shot "offhand", very few people can do that with a scoped rifle.
© 24hourcampfire