Home
Posted By: mclevela Ground Blind Recommendations - 04/12/14
For those of you that have bow hunted from a ground blind which ground blinds do you recommend?

Thanks in advance.
I've used naturally occurring items such as limbs, rocks, branches, grass, et cetera for building a blind and when archery hunting mountain sheep, deer, elk, moose and brown/grizzly bears. I've never used a store-bought blind. For one thing, the areas I typically hunt kind of prevent me from lugging around a contraption like that. So, I've just used naturally occurring things.
Originally Posted by mclevela
For those of you that have bow hunted from a ground blind which ground blinds do you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

I prefer 'cheap' blinds, because blinds can and do get ripped off. Ameristeps are serviceable blinds and thats what i use, but are a far cry from Double Bull in quality.

Primos makes a good product for not too much money.

I used to carry about 20 ft of camo material along with some clothespins and para-cord to rig blinds as needed
Originally Posted by mclevela

Thanks in advance.

What are you hunting? I use the Ameristep (Tom Taker) for turkeys, and have used the Jakehouse screen and natural cover. Turkeys have come closer in the ground blind than the rest, and I'd agree that I'd rather lose a an Ameristep than a Double Bull.

The drawback to a blind is heat in warmer temps, and not being able to vent without being outlined in the blind.
Posted By: TRnCO Re: Ground Blind Recommendations - 04/15/14
I've had and have used my doublebull for many years now. I normally don't leave it set up for any long period of time and don't have to worry about it walking off. Love the thing. I have had to replace a couple of broken ends, but other than that, I've gotten my moneys worth of use out of it.
© 24hourcampfire