Home
Posted By: ctsmith Tomorrow! - 10/24/14
Bama archery deer season opens tomorrow. Sit in the stand a bit in the morning, deal with a dead deer (wishful thinking), work on foodplots, then head to Auburn around 2:30 for a little college football action. No sleep tonight!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Tomorrow! - 10/24/14
Perfect Saturday!Good Luck
Posted By: kendibs Re: Tomorrow! - 10/25/14

Good luck.

-Ken

Posted By: 280Ackleyrized Re: Tomorrow! - 10/25/14
At least you have the right broadhead. Good luck
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Tomorrow! - 10/25/14
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
At least you have the right broadhead. Good luck

I hear ya!

9:45pm. Recon its too early to climb a tree?
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Tomorrow! - 10/25/14
Felt rusty this morning. On the way in I was busted about 100 yards from stand, deer blowing and going everywhere. About an hour later a few deer came in down wind, blew, and got the heck out of dodge. They had to be 50 yards and coming to me, it was thick, I never saw them. Felt clumsy in the stand, don't know if I could have closed the deal anyway.

I'll grease it up and go at them again!
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Tomorrow! - 10/27/14
I think everybody has one of those opening days. Felt the same going in the first day, seemed to be unorganized in the pack, stand seemed smaller than when we hung it, felt like I was making more noise than a freeway...

It passes, no worries.

FWIW, had the two biggest bucks on camera last year come through the scrapes at mid-day, never caught them on camera at night.
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Tomorrow! - 11/01/14
Today was the second time in a tree this year and felt all together better than the first. A doe got Tricked! Far from a great shot but she was pouring blood and didn't make it far.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Tomorrow! - 11/01/14
Good deal!
Posted By: MOGC Re: Tomorrow! - 11/01/14
Congrats on your doe, looks like a nice size one. My first couple trips I always feel unorganized and out of tune. It gets worked out pretty quick thank goodness.
Posted By: Hondo64d Re: Tomorrow! - 11/02/14
Beautiful doe Clint! Lots of good eating there. Mouth watering, thinking of cast iron seared tenderloins!

John
© 24hourcampfire