Home
I just went through the whole process of setting up my third axis on my Black gold sight.

I had been shooting fantastic groups to 30 and 40 yards without ever touching this adjustment. Following the set up procedure I saw that it was way off, yet my groups were fine. Shooting level to target.

After looking at the way this works and was out of adjustment, I think it would be a very important setting for steep down hill shooting or from a tree stand. It was way off when shooting down at a steep angle.

On the other hand, I'm not sure how many bowhunters give a rip about the bubble level when they are hunting anyway?
Honestly, I'm currently not that good a shot for it to matter wink

Because I know I'm not good, I'm severly limiting the range and angle of my shots.
I do use it on every shot. Does it matter on a 15-20 yard range, probably not much. But, archery is about consistancy in form and release, so I try to keep everything as close to the same as possible. Plus, with all of the variables in the tree, platform angle, limbs, shooting lanes, wind, etc, I find I have more of a tendency to cant the bow than on the ground.
The bubble get's checked on every shot for me, indoors or out. My hunting sights do not have the 3rd axis adjustments though. Hunting range shots are negligible, but it can't hurt if you have the adjustment.
I set mine. I now have a Hamskea 3rd axis tool. Very simple to use.
© 24hourcampfire