Home
Posted By: Higginez My daughter wants to bow hunt - 12/06/14
I asked my 12 yo girl if she wanted to deer hunt with me next year and she said "Yeah, but I wanna shoot it with my bow!"

Well, dang it all to he11! I got her a couple of beginner/toy bows last year and she loves to target shoot. I'm thinking we could get her into something that she could shoot at turkeys this spring and chase deer with in the fall. But I honestly don't know what i should be looking at as far as a bow goes.

Can you guys recommend a good starter bow for us?
If it's legal consider a crossbow.

I find it much easier to shoot well and more fun.

[Linked Image]

http://www.huntereqpt.com/barnett-78615-recruit-recurve/

I got a "block and tackle" to cock the string however it's not that hard to do for me. A small girl may want one.

No.
Diamond Infinite Edge
Diamond Infinite Edge
Bear Cruzer. It comes with very good accessories and is dead nuts accurate.
Sincerely,
Thomas
If the edge you are talking about is actually made by BowTech, then I recommend it as well. My wife just turned 50 and took up bowhunting this year. The bow is very adjustable and user friendly and she is having a ball with it. You will wear out the rest on it though, we replaced ours with a whisker biscuit.

Good luck!
The Diamond Infinite Edge is in essence a "Bowtech". The Hostage rest leaves much to be desired. A WB or drop away rest is a much needed upgrade. The Infinite Edge normally retails around $349. Thats a bow, arrow rest, sight, quiver. Can't recall if it includes a stabilizer or not
Hoyt has an Ignite that goes from 20-30" and 15-70# Great little bows that will grow with your daughter. ~ $400 for a package at my dealer.
The Infinite Edge goes from 13-30" and 5-70#
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized

Yes. ^
Here is the bows that my 11 year old son and 14 old daughter shot

MISSION RIOT...sweet bow and it will grow with them as well...check Mission out as well
Started my boys hunting BG with Diamond bows. Youngest got his first deer ever with it.
My daughter has a Bear Apprentice III and she loves it. It will adjust from 20 to 60 pounds. She seems to get better with it every week.
Originally Posted by SWcowboy
Here is the bows that my 11 year old son and 14 old daughter shot

MISSION RIOT...sweet bow and it will grow with them as well...check Mission out as well

Plus 1
They are awesome bows as well as the Hoyt Ruckas line as well. They come ready to shoot and will grow with them as they get older and stronger. Several of the 4H shooting sports kids shoot both and they are very accurate as well, easy to tune and lets the kids have a great time.
© 24hourcampfire