Home
Shot the Hoyt Charger today and wasn't that much impressed over my current bow. Really liked the Nitrium 34 and the Carbon Spyder, but the price of those bows will fund my bear hunt alone. So. Keeping my current bow, changing string/cables. Changing sights and going to play with some different arrows, going to invest in a good rangefinder. And shoot. A lot .
What are you currently slinging?
2009 Turbohawk. 29 inch draw, 63 pounds Easton axis 340. 100 grain tips
I happen to know a guy that can install high quality strings and give that bow a custom tune. Reviews and feedback are here in the bowhunting section.
This time next year many of those "new" bows will be on sale as leftovers or you can pick up a great used one. My advice is to find one you like and start saving til thn. Good luck on the hunt.
They should feel very similar, while they look different the grips and geometry are very nearly the same. I have heard that the Charger will be replaced w/ something different for 2016 - maybe wait and see what that one looks like. I still feel that the Charger is a fantastic bow for $499 (or any price for that matter). The Nitrum 34 is a very nice bow but you'll need to add another $400 to the price tag.
I got a too good to pass up deal on a new Nitrum Turbo.

Swapped a Sig p226 9mm on it and sold my old bow for 400.

That took care of new sighta, quiver and rest
All of the Turbo series bows are smoking fast. Nicest speed bow that I have ever shot, hands down. I think you will really enjoy it.
© 24hourcampfire