Home
Daughter, and then smaller sons, want to try bow hunting. We have a Genesis that they play with already.

I trust Hoyt quality, we have a dealer around here, and I would go that direction. He is also a Mathews dealer but I don't want to go that direction personally. So I would pick the Hoyt Ignite.

Most on here seem to recommend Diamond Infinite Edge instead. Why? No local dealer around here that I know of. What are the pros and cons of each? The fact that it can go down lighter/shorter is not an issue for us--as they all can pull over 20" already.

IMO. If you have a local Hoyt shop and like Hout bows, i'd buy the Hoyt
Depending on the size of your kids. The Hoyt is a little heavier. If your kids are small the Diamond may be a better choice.
They're small, yes, for the most part.
The Diamond's are pretty slick. If they can pull at least 18 lbs, it makes them a lot easier. To get lower than that you have to reset the cable settings on the cams. But if you can leave the cables on the "A" setting, you will never need a bow press.

The Infinite Edge comes with very entry level accessories, and no wrist sling nor stabilizer. Be prepared to add those and the rest...IMO

They are wildly popular and hard to keep in stock. Have them go and shoot them, see what they think...

The Bear Apprentice is another good one. they come with better accessories from the get-go...but they are not as widely adjustable later in life. But they are good bows for youngsters.
Thanks--I'll check the Apprentice as well.
I got my daughter an Ignite great bow, feels like an adult bow. Seems faster than the older model Diamond she had.
I like the idea of the 8" brace height on the Ignite versus the 7" on the Infinite Edge.

Anyone think it matters?
Cant go wrong with a hoyt, also check out the Mission craze.
My 12 yr old daughter is shooting the infinite edge. She likes it. I have been around several kids from teenage boys to smaller girls shooting them and they just work. They're dang quiet if hunting is an option. The only drawback of buying the package over a bare bow is the rest and sights are cheap...real cheap. We looked at the ignite. It is a nicer bow, but not twice as good as it was priced to me. The ignite doesn't have the adjustment range the infinite edge does either. Another plus for the infinite edge which isn't really mentioned is the ability to change strings/ install peeps or leeches without a press. I will be buying an infinite edge for my 8 yr old soon.
Thanks for the feedback. I really think that the Infinite Edge is probably the better setup for what we need. I just like Hoyts.
my wife shot the infinite edge and LOVES it, we got one at Cabela's in Rapid on wednesday for her.
We sell a TON of the Edge bows. Folks really seem to like them. They shoot well too...not a bad option.
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
I like the idea of the 8" brace height on the Ignite versus the 7" on the Infinite Edge.

Anyone think it matters?

Anyone have an opinion?
The 8 inch will be a bit make for an overall more forgiving bow, but how much so I can't say...especially with the very gracious adjustment levels of both bows
© 24hourcampfire