Home
Posted By: CrankEmUp HHA Magnifier for hunting - 02/17/15
i am considering one of these. Anyone ever use one? Pros cons?
Depending on magnification you may need a clarifier in your peep. And that could mean less light allowed thru to your eye. 2x is absolute most magnification I would use IF I decided to go that route. There's a reason most don't hunt with a lens even tho they use them for targets
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
Depending on magnification you may need a clarifier in your peep. And that could mean less light allowed thru to your eye. 2x is absolute most magnification I would use IF I decided to go that route. There's a reason most don't hunt with a lens even tho they use them for targets

Thanks for the information!
With the right glare and the target in the shadows, you can't see to shoot.
Posted By: HEB330 Re: HHA Magnifier for hunting - 02/27/15
I haven't used one so can't tell you the "pros". However, as has already been mentioned, there are several "cons". My approach has been to simplify as much as possible to keep Murphy at bay. You are on the right track with HHA (Large single pin sight with luminous ring) and only need a large peep to complete your set up. Center the luminous ring in your peep and the highly illuminated pin becomes easy. Just my 2 cents....bow magnifier is akin to military intelligence.....
Posted By: SWcowboy Re: HHA Magnifier for hunting - 03/29/15
With the right glare and the target in the shadows, you can't see to shoot.That is one of the problems and then you have leaves trapped by the lens and the big one for me for why I just use my len for target only is when it rains it is hard to see with the rain drops and it gets foggy and I couldn't see a big 6 by 7 bull three years ago and now I remove the len for hunting each year. That is my cons for not hunting with them. For me the pro for the len is target only none for hunting.
© 24hourcampfire