Home
Posted By: jcolby 1st trad turkey - 04/06/15
I didn't exactly hit where I was aiming, but he went down. Knock that off the bucket list plus add to a new addiction.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: 1st trad turkey - 04/06/15
Simply outstanding. Congrats!

Looks like a really nice bird too.
Posted By: 4ager Re: 1st trad turkey - 04/07/15
That's just awesome!

Well done!
Posted By: JJHACK Re: 1st trad turkey - 04/07/15
I've probably seen more turkeys vanish after being hit with an arrow then all other game combined.

I still don't know what guys do wrong. Turkeys have a very small kill zone and an incredible will to live and travel. A wildebeest with wings!

Count your blessings that it was a poor shot and you still got it. I've seen them hit so hard they rolled over, seen them pinned to the ground pulling off the arrow, jumping up and pouring blood out in flight. And still gone!

There are several things I've learned and seen improve odds over the last decade. But turkeys are still tough with archery.
Posted By: rost495 Re: 1st trad turkey - 04/07/15
The problem with turkeys is not so much that the target is small, you can deal with that, but mostly its hard to figure out WHERE the target is for most folks for some reason or another.

I've never had an issue with turkeys and arrows. Never lost one.

Granted I got bored with turkeys pretty quickly after quite a few with a rifle, then calling with a shotgun and then calling with a bow, and taking probalby only 15 or so with a bow. Obviously the more you shoot the higher the odds of loosing one.
Posted By: rost495 Re: 1st trad turkey - 04/07/15
JColby, btw CONGRATS! Well done.

Jeff
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 1st trad turkey - 04/14/15
congrats. Something that I've been practicing for myself, but I still don't feel consistent enough to try with the recurve.
Posted By: bea175 Re: 1st trad turkey - 04/14/15
Congratulation on a job well done . I have been wanting to try and get one with my Long Bow, but just now getting back to where i will be able to start shooting it again after rotator cuff tear
Posted By: Scott Re: 1st trad turkey - 04/16/15
Congrats! I'll be trying it again this year with the recurve. The birds haven't cooperated much since I decided to do so though.
Posted By: Ogdonia Re: 1st trad turkey - 04/25/15
Good for you. Awesome accomplishment!
© 24hourcampfire