Home
I may have to look into the benefits of lighted Nocks, I always ignored them since they were illegal.

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/lighted-nocks-approved-colorado-bowhunters/

Give Firenock a serious look. When I used to use lighted nocks, nockturnals were the way to go. Now that Ferradyne owns them, I see a lot of complaints. YMMV
They were always legal for most big game. Only illegal in a few states during specific archery only seasons
Colorado changed the rule this year. In the past all electronic devices were illegal to include lighted sight pins,nocks and cameras mounted on bows. This year all are legal. Tom
Yeah but only during archery specific seasons

Bears for example do not have a weapon specific season. So you could use electronic devices on a bow.

I don't know the exact rules of every state, but this is a rather common misunderstanding to the electronic rule nationally

Just like you could use a lighted reticle in a rifle scope during that same bear season as an example
Originally Posted by TomA
Colorado changed the rule this year. In the past all electronic devices were illegal to include lighted sight pins,nocks and cameras mounted on bows. This year all are legal. Tom

lighted sight pins are still illegal
What was the rationale behind banning lighted nocks? I assume their benefit is that they enable you to track your shot and find your arrow easier?

We have the no electronics rule here so no lighted sights, nocks etc. I guess I can understand the lights or illuminated sights as a 'precaution' against poachers (like they follow the rules!) but don't get the whole nock deal.

The F&G website claims they review the whole issue every year or so, but as of now, they're still a no-go...
Originally Posted by MojoHand
What was the rationale behind banning lighted nocks? I assume their benefit is that they enable you to track your shot and find your arrow easier?
Think it was all about game recovery, but didn't pay attention to the argument for this one or Go Pros
© 24hourcampfire