Home
Posted By: SamSteele Question on spine. - 08/18/15
Hi all.

i'm shooting an older Martin Saber compound at about 65#. I started out with Easton CarbonAeros, 340, 8.8 gpi, 29.5" length. Over the years I lost a few so I bought another 1/2 dozen. They didn't have the same arrows so the sold me Radial Weave STL Hunter 300. Both sets have Blazer vanes and 125 grain heads.

I quit shooting for a few years and started up again this summer. When doing so, I noticed that the CarbonAeros group much better than the Radial Weave arrows. I can actually see the Radial Weave arrows fishtail while in flight. Is this a spine issue or does my set up need to change? The CarbonAeros still shoot great.

I'm a simple user, not a bow techie so please bear with me. I replaced the old peep with a centra-peep tonight and did some more shooting after which got me thinking. Thanks.

SS
Posted By: 280Ackleyrized Re: Question on spine. - 08/20/15
Could be a tuning issue. Have you bareshaft tuned the bow?
Posted By: SamSteele Re: Question on spine. - 08/20/15
No. Being a archery tech newbie I wouldn't know where to start on it. I haven't shot it since I got a moose with it 4 years ago. I was hoping it was something simple but I suspect I will need to take it in and get it worked over.

SS
© 24hourcampfire