Home
I was just talking with a buddy of mine who is an avid bow hunter. He made mention of the species he took with his bow. I suggested a 10 day safari in RSA with me and he could double that amount!

We laughed because although it's not shooting fish in a barrel, but the areas are so target rich and the strategies are so well thought out that it's entirely possible to see hundreds of animals in a week or two and seeing 20 or more big game species is almost a certainty.

He chose to hunt New Zealand because his heart is set on a giant red stag with his bow. Can hardly blame him, they are magnificent!

So what species of big game have you taken with a bow?
Every species that is indigenous to my range. laugh
Deer and Wild Boar

Mostly Mule Deer...

[Linked Image]
Elk, Muledeer, lion, javalina, turkey(turkey is designated big game in az).

Kent
Mule Deer, Elk, Antelope, Black Bear - the ones that are readily huntable yearly in Idaho. Multiple small game - coyotes, badgers, rock chucks, grouse etc. also. Much prefer to hunt Elk over all the others.
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Mostly Mule Deer...

[Linked Image]

Good god that's huge. Congrats!

I've taken whitetails, mulies, elk, black bear, antelope, turkey, and assorted smaller critters. Gonna try for Wyoming moose next year, I've got max points.
Black bear
Mule deer
Whitetail deer
Pronghorn
Elk
Mountain lion
Kudu
Impala
Eland
Duiker

And thousands of CARP!!!!
Just Whitetail Deer and wild pigs in Florida. I will try for a Bear in October for Florida's reopening of the season. My goal is still to go to Africa and use the bow for Leopard, Lion , Kudu, Bushbuck, Zebra and Gemsbuck. I could then die happy!
Black bear, whitetail, turkey, and hog. Plus a slew of small game and predators
Forgot about the Turkey, but I did kill one of those too!
Mule deer
White-tail deer
elk
mountain lion
turkey

Whitetail, black tail, mule deer, pronghorn, elk, Quebec caribou, black bear, turkey, over a dozen African species.
A bunch of whitetail, a couple mule deer, turkeys and javelina. I bow hunted for black bear over bait twice in Ontario and never had a bear at the bait either trip! I hunted elk twice diy but never got a shot.
blacktail deer
black bear
Roosevelt elk
Turkey
Whitetail
Black bear
Antelope
Do big soft shell turtles, alligators and gar count? smile
Elk
Mule deer
Whitetail deer
Black bear