Home
Posted By: ltppowell Exodous Broadheads - 08/31/15
Anybody use them? They're getting good reviews.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Exodous Broadheads - 08/31/15
My son and I use them. We think they are really great. They are razor sharp right from the package, fly like a laser beam and are tough as hell. We've killed a half dozen deer with them and had complete pass throughs in every shot and kill.
Posted By: JJHACK Re: Exodous Broadheads - 08/31/15
I had heard on another site that they are not legal in some states because of the open back that is defined as " barbed".

I suppose because the back edge of the blade is not tight or flush with the shaft they consider this " open" at the back and therefore not legal.

Some F&W agencies in states require the arrow can be pulled out or slide back out of a poor hit. hence the reason that they don't want anything that can catch and hangup on the hide?

Never used them myself so no first hand experience. Just thought I would pass on the observation by others, that they are not closed at the back edge and may pose a legal problem with this design in some states.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Exodous Broadheads - 08/31/15
I saw that Jim...they make a "solid" blade just for that reason. Just curious.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Exodous Broadheads - 08/31/15
We shoot the solid blade version.
Posted By: FishN4Eyes Re: Exodous Broadheads - 09/01/15
Might want to look in to VPA broadheads.

I was shooting Shuttle T-Loks and loved them then I just bought several packs of the VPA three blade vented to try and they are flat out awesome.

Fly like a dream and sharp as hell.

A great cut on contact broadhead in my opinion.

I switched to them after several test sessions and ordered more today.

I am impressed.
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: Exodous Broadheads - 09/01/15
I don't know how the Exodus kills since I haven't shot them at any animals yet. I'm planning on using them on an upcoming elk hunt so hopefully I'll get a chance to test them. I can say that they fly exactly to the point of aim of my field points, I was really impressed with how they shot. I've never had a broadhead other than expandables that flew as well as the exodus. Mine are the 125 gr. full blade model.
© 24hourcampfire