Home
Posted By: Cowboysforlife34 Which bow? - 10/06/15
I have a crappy compound and after this season, will get a new bow. I was thinking about getting a recurve. I know u cant pull them back for that long, but it seems simpler than getting a new compound. It cost me $175 to restring that bow, how much would maintaing a recurve cost? Crossbows seem cool, but i dont think u can get off a second shot very quickly.
Posted By: Savage_99 Re: Which bow? - 10/06/15
The crossbow interests me! I am a rifleman since 1953 hunting, competitive target shooting, handloading and some work on the guns myself.

The long bow is ok for those who like it. To me it's an obsolete design. The crossbow is already cocked and loaded! Faster to aim and faster over all.

While I have had a long bow since 1968 I am just not interested much. Crossbows are cool. I shoot mine in the basement. And it's silent!

[Linked Image]

Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Which bow? - 10/07/15
Do you live in your basement at your moms house too?
Posted By: MILES58 Re: Which bow? - 10/07/15
Originally Posted by Cowboysforlife34
I have a crappy compound and after this season, will get a new bow. I was thinking about getting a recurve. I know u cant pull them back for that long, but it seems simpler than getting a new compound. It cost me $175 to restring that bow, how much would maintaing a recurve cost? Crossbows seem cool, but i dont think u can get off a second shot very quickly.

Getting a second shot with a bow is probably not a priority for most hunters.

A compound crossbow will be just as expensive to maintain as a compound bow.

A recurve crossbow will be much cheaper like a recurve long bow.

If a crossbow is legal where you live, it may be a very good alternative. They can be a little pricey to get into, but they can also be as foolproof as a recurve bow, much faster, more accurate and more powerful.
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Which bow? - 10/07/15
Originally Posted by Cowboysforlife34
I have a crappy compound and after this season, will get a new bow.

Do you have crappy bow, or a crappy tune on a good bow?

Both look a whole lot the same, but one is a lot cheaper to fix.

JMHO, you have ask yourself if you are willing to invest in the time it takes to maintain your shooting skills with a recurve bow...
Posted By: 280Ackleyrized Re: Which bow? - 10/07/15
I know this guy that help with either of those issues
Posted By: Cowboysforlife34 Re: Which bow? - 10/07/15
It was just a crappy bow... I just bought a cheap longbow on ebay for $50 to see how i like it. 80lb draw...... Do recurves and longbows have the same power if the draw is the same and it is the same length?
© 24hourcampfire