Home
Posted By: kendibs Slick Trick Question? - 11/06/15
I've been using the standard 100gr Slick Trick broadhead on my compound bow for whitetails and am very happy with the results. They fly like a field tip & do the job quickly.

For all you who have used the brand, is there much of a difference from the standard broadhead when compared to the magnum or the viper types? Advantages/disadvantages?

-Ken

Posted By: JJHACK Re: Slick Trick Question? - 11/06/15
The Viper tricks are far better penetrators.

I've never had a viper trick stay inside an animal. 100% have exited. Since going to the viper trick I have not used the magnums again. The difference in penetration is consistent, the accuracy is the same.

I think if the bow is capable of 70 plus pounds and 300fps the magnums are the best choice. If the bow is 250 fps and 60lbs or less the viper tricks are far better.

That gap between 250-300 or 60 and 70lbs leaves you with options. This is where I fall into place. My decisions then become game based rather then bow based. Something bigger like Eland, elk, wildebeest, Male wild hogs, bison, etc would only be the viper trick. medium sized game like Mule deer, blesbok, hartebeest, black bears, female hogs, or smaller hogs, the standard or magnums are great.

I could however happily go forth with the rest of my bow hunting using only the viper tricks for everything.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Slick Trick Question? - 11/06/15
Im all good with the standard 100gr Slick Trick if it ain't broke don't fix it
Posted By: kendibs Re: Slick Trick Question? - 11/07/15

Good info. Thanks Jim.

I'm not thinking of changing Dan, just wanted to understand any significant differences. wink

-Ken
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Slick Trick Question? - 11/07/15
As I said I'll keep on keeping on and not fix what ain't broke

This morning...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: kendibs Re: Slick Trick Question? - 11/07/15
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
As I said I'll keep on keeping on and not fix what ain't broke

This morning...

[Linked Image]

Nice shot placement.

I'm used to those sized punches with the standard ST too. wink grin

-Ken

Posted By: dale06 Re: Slick Trick Question? - 11/08/15
I've shot the standards and mags. Really can't tell the difference in performance.
They are great heads.
Posted By: Reloader7RM Re: Slick Trick Question? - 11/17/15
Could just be by chance, but I feel the Mag gives a little better trail. Seems my std kills have had sparse trails at times.
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Slick Trick Question? - 11/19/15
Originally Posted by JJHACK
The Viper tricks are far better penetrators.

I can't prove this through any science I've done, or the laws of physics, but I agree with it.

I like the broader cut of the Viper on bigger animals, and I have broken rib bone with them, and had a clean kill within 30 seconds.

IMHO, the Viper is a bit tougher by design than the standard four blade, but it's really a matter of choice. Either will/have killed a bunch of game.

Posted By: brinky72 Re: Slick Trick Question? - 11/19/15
Just one simple question and my hijack will be done. I have a crossbow (gasp) that I inherited from by dad. A tenpoint (?) what slick trick broadhead would be ideal for deer and blackbear? It has NAP 150gr. heads now. They work but have heard so much about the slick tricks I figured on giving them a try.
Posted By: jdunham Re: Slick Trick Question? - 11/19/15
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Im all good with the standard 100gr Slick Trick if it ain't broke don't fix it

After a truckload of deer and several elk I ain't screwing with them either.
Posted By: jdunham Re: Slick Trick Question? - 11/19/15
Originally Posted by brinky72
Just one simple question and my hijack will be done. I have a crossbow (gasp) that I inherited from by dad. A tenpoint (?) what slick trick broadhead would be ideal for deer and blackbear? It has NAP 150gr. heads now. They work but have heard so much about the slick tricks I figured on giving them a try.

Slick Trick makes a 150gr Crossbow broadhead. I shoot them in my crossbow. They fly great like regular Slick Tricks and seem just as bulletproof. I have never shot a deer with these so I can't comment there.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Slick Trick Question? - 11/19/15
Originally Posted by brinky72

I still like razor tricks best. But after the last 10 packs I bought are gone, I'll go to Viper, I like them next best.

So I didn't have everything all mixed up, I shoot 125 razors in the bow and crossbow, and will in the recurve if I can ever shoot it again, though I have a lot of 125 snuffers left for the recurve.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Slick Trick Question? - 11/19/15
+1 on the Razor Trick100's, used them for several years with absolutely no issues. Last three years used Steel Force 100's that I picked up at the flea market for peanuts, they also performed admirably on PA whitetails....
Posted By: billg Re: Slick Trick Question? - 11/21/15
can't imagine you noticing any difference at all in the 100gr std and the 100gr magnum--but you will get 1/8in per blade additional cut with the magnum. I too, prefer the Razor trick.
© 24hourcampfire