Home
Posted By: Redneckguide Bow hunting plains game - 02/12/17
Headed to South Africa in Sept. looking for some info on what is the best broadhead for South Africa plains game. i shoot T3
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Bow hunting plains game - 02/12/17
Any good fixed blade head....my vote is for Slick Tricks
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Bow hunting plains game - 02/12/17
You're gonna have a blast what animals are you planing on hunting?
not sure yet, probably what comes into the water holes, a warthog for sure.
You are going to SA in Sept and don't know what you are hunting ? Most all, if not all animals use the water holes at sometime.

Posted By: dale06 Re: Bow hunting plains game - 02/13/17
I have hunted PG once in Zimbabwe, and twice in SA. Arrowed a total of 18 critters.
I used Muzzy MX4, Slick tricks and Magnus stingers.
The Slick Tricks worked very well. I would use them again, for sure. I used 100 grain Mags. I probably would use 125 grain though. I only shot one critter with a Stinger, a zebra. They are tough SOBs. It worked well. The MX4 worked ok, but penetration was less and on Wildebeest and another zebra, not enough.
The places I hunted strongly discouraged mechanical BHs. I never use them, so that was not an issue.
I would recommend Slick Tricks, or Magnus Stingers.
Posted By: JJHACK Re: Bow hunting plains game - 02/13/17
Ive taken well in excess of dozens of bow hunters. Who have in turn harvested 100's of animals with arrows.

I would very strongly suggest SlickTrick 125gr magnums. Plenty of combinations work. However, this is a 100% proven solid dependable combination.

I usually have a few brand new packages of these in my camp to replace the mechanical heads the hunters come over with to hunt. They shortly realize they are not hunting stand alone white tails. Herd animals run like hell to stay with the group after being shot. They also run a long way when in the open trying very hard to get to cover.

There are tons of great combinations and workable broadheads. I'm not being critical of any other combination. I just know that this combination works and works with dependable repeatable results.
© 24hourcampfire